Best bang for the buck 2x 18650 lights today?

i was going to suggest the TR-3T6 the original from manafont but thats not cheap either i guess, i like the TK-35

I have the OP's linked TR-1200 and love it, but it has lost some of it's appeal since I bought an Ultrafire C8 from Manafont. Similar performance at half the size. Although only a single 18650, it has similar throw and is small enough to carry in a pocket.

Is that really a STL-V2 for $41??? That's the top of my Want-to-buy flashlight list but I should NOT be buying a new flashlight now. We have much more important stuff we need to be buying right now (a new vehicle?). We also have Christmas shopping expenses coming up too soon... Cry

Aeonis, you can get the DRY from Intl Outdoor too.

Yes it is, but not really much cheaper than FF STL-V6 from DX ($41.19 vs. $45.40)

I still think it's good deal anyway.

Well I think every flashlight junkie ought to have a Trustfire TR-1200 5X Q5 light and a a Keygos KE-7 6X Q5. I have both and I strongly recommend them. Both are good throwers and have good spill as well. The Keygos KE-5 off of ebay is another must have. It still is my favorite light for only $25. Good throw and very good spill. And it's one bright sob.

Thanks, I've updated the list.

Thanks, I've added the Keygos KE-7 to the list. (Not the KE-5, since its 1x 18650).

If you had to choose between the Trustfire TR-1200 or the Keygos KE-7, which one would it be?

+1 on this Olight M31(?) clone

Well I think the Keygos will put out more flood and maybe brighter light up close. I think the Trustfire TR-1200 will maybe throw farther since the beam seems a little tighter.

Thanks :) and in terms of buildquality? Roughly the same I guess?

Pretty much the same. Both are nice lights.

How could you compare the high mode of the DRY vs the high from the TR-3T6? (And I mean the high mode from the DRY, so not the 5A turbo mode) in terms of throw/brightness?

In this video you can see the Yezl Y8, should be the same flashlight as TR-3T6.

Thanks for the link! That is compared to the DRY 5A Turbo mode by the way, so I'm guessing the DRY High mode and the Yezl/TR-3T6 on High are pretty much the same.