best charger for 4 x 18650 cells

I bought my Lii500 in September without a power supply for $15. I think it’s a great all around charger.

What do you use for a power supply Glenn?
Does it have to have the same specs as the one that comes with it or can there be some leeway in that??

I guess what I am “trying” to ask is can one be used with more output and/or what are the limits and what should the specs be??

Any help would be appreciated as I am in pretty much unknown/not understood territory. :person_facepalming: … :smiley::wink:

Thank you in advance……… :+1:

Hmm. This or the Xtar VC4 from Amazon for $25 ?

I think I posted this before. I made my own 12 volt 5 amp power supply that does up to 4 chargers at the same time.

Edit: As long as the output voltage is 12 volts, you can use a power supply that has a much higher current rating. The chargers will only draw what they need.

What batteries are you wanting to use the charger for? LiIon, NiMh, both?
Do you want the ability to analyze batteries?

Here is a Liitokala 500 from Aliexpress. at $19.23. Slightly more cheaper if you use the Mobile App. Wall Charger and car charger included. I got myself one from there, not yet shipped though. So I cant say anything about the authenticity of the product right now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Liitokala-Lii-500-LCD-18650-Battery-Charger-For-3-7V-18650-18350-16340-17500-25500-10440/32784219789.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.SARvEq

Cheers

Both and be able to at least see voltage and capacity. Resistance doesn’t matter much to me.

Get the Lii_500 then and call it a day… :+1:

i paid like 18 or 18.95 for mine from tomtop on one of their sales …for the charger and power supply .

Finding a 12V 2 amp power supply isn’t the easiest / or hardest thing in the world .
It kind of depends how crafty you are
The plug isn’t that hard to find either . i’ve seen tougher ends to find too i think it’s a 5MM with a larger barrel center pos…Don’t hold me to it but it’s not a weird one or overly difficult one to find .
14 seconds of digging thru my pile of junky wallwarts yielded a 5 amp laptop power supply 12v center pos. with the correct end and a 2.5amp/ 12v wallwart with the correct polarity and end so it’s not that hard of a one to find

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-12V-2A-110-240V-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTER-CHARGER-FOR-LED-Strip-US-EU-PLUG-HU-/232217681238?var=&hash=item3611409d56:m:mBeLzKv8Ild1ViZlUgQBkmQ

nice price but buy at your own risk i have no idea if this one has the same / correct end on it …

I think you have posted pictures of your power supply before Glenn. I think I remember commenting how nice it looked. :+1:
I guess my questions are:

• Will your set up supply all four chargers running at full power at the same time?
    ~
  • If I used a 12V 5A power supply with a single Lii-500, is what the charger draws from the power supply limited by the charger?
  • The Lii-500 comes with a 12V 2A power supply so it will not charger 4 cells at 1A at the same time will it??
  • But if I used a 12V 5A power supply with a Lii-500 could I charge 4 cell at 1A at the same time???

These are probably dumb questions, but it is what it is. :person_facepalming:
I’m not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to this. :wink:

Guys, does the Bangood one for $22 come with US plug, or EU plug?

It may work on both. I used it on the US plug.

Choice is buyers, it comes either way. :+1:

It's limited/controled by the charger.

It will. You are getting it wrong. Cells are not charged with 12V, they are charged with 4.2V so you have to look at the power (Watts), not A.

12V 2A is 24W, 4.2V 4A (1A*4 cells) is 16.8W. You could charge 5 cells with 1A using 12V 2A power supply.

Thanks guys. Good deal.

Sure a 12v 2amp supply will charge 4 cells at 4+ volts @ 1 amp

Thank you for the explanation ‘XXX-Man’, I think I finally understand. :+1: … :wink:

If power supply is 12V 2A = 24W // 12V 3A = 36W // 12V 1A = 12W // 6V 3A = 18W and so on .

V x A = W

So for instance, charging 2 batteries @ 4.2V & 3A each would be 25.2W.

Thank’s again ’3X’…. :slight_smile:

O:)

Cheers ^:)

P.S.: I was told the Lii-500 works fed with a lower current (1A) supply, the thing just lifts off the foot from the gas pedal (0.5A charging, etc).

teacher

You get it :)

When dealing with different voltages we always have to look at the wattage (W) to know what is needed.

We also need to have some more W in power supply because charger is using some power for work.

Good…. :slight_smile:

Thank you for explaining it in such an easy to understand manner ‘XXX-Man’!!! … I appreciate that…… :+1:

The addition part about the “more W in power power supply” is noted and understood also. :+1:

Thank you again my friend, it is a good feeling to finally actually understand this……… :+1: … :wink: