Best Price You've Seen on SANYO NCR18650GA 18650

OK, I am puzzled by one thing. Sanyo was bought by Panasonic in 2010 I think. It took a couple more years at least but I thought everything named Sanyo either became Panasonic branded or was discontinued. IF, that is true those Sanyo cells are a few years old. Or do they still market cells under the Sanyo name… or am I wrong or does it matter??

It sticks in my mind because when planning a new home we had picked a Sanyo split mini heat pump /AC. But we took so long that by the time we got to that part of the construction the unit came under the Panasonic name. They make lots of diverse stuff.

Hmmmmm. Good question. :nerd_face:

I belive original Panasonic planned to terminate the Sanyo brand completely,but I belive they had a change of heart and decided to keep Sanyo brand for certain products/markets if they thought the Sanyo name would be an advantage and as Sanyo was or maybe still is the worlds number one producer of rechargeable batteries it probably makes sense to keep the name

Gearbest has changed their shipping options to the USA several times in the last few months. I used to order 18650 batteries with free shipping. Then 3 or 4 months ago it went to $1.99 using USPS registered mail. This was a pain because I either had to be home when the mail was delivered or I had to go down to the Post Office and sign for the package. The $17-21 shipping fee is pretty new - I think it started in the last three weeks or so. I had read somewhere this is all due to the new airline regulations for shipping li-on batteries.

From what I can tell, FastTech and BangGood are still offering free shipping.

These high shipping charges will pretty much kill all of GearBest’s battery sales to USA.

And for what it is worth banggood is breaking the international rules for shipping lithium cells / batteries and doesn’t seem to care……

gearbest kills the deal with $17-$21 shipping fee. but not sure if its the final shipping fee as they said they still do testing.

Amazon fined for shipping lithium ion batteries

BTW, is this price stable or it could be expected that GB will drop it a bit for some sale? I want to buy a dozen or so cells for a project and willing to wait for a bit if it saves a few bucks.

Seems like it. I tried ordering a couple batteries from Banggood recently and the shipment was rejected at customs or somewhere. Seems like they’re just gambling and hoping most of the batteries make it through. They reimbursed me, but just be aware you may not get your batteries.

FWIW the new regulations are a knee-jerk reaction to the really shitty hoverboard batteries and such. I don’t think they should ban all li-ion air shipments just because of a few bad actors.

The six or so orders I received from GB have never been marked lithium batteries always flashlight accessories or hardware. Or electronics. Pretty much everything makes it through customs only very rarely does customs in America ever actually find anything. But with like 15 million pieces of mail a day hitting its a needle in a haystack. Only thing everything is tested for is radiation. On the conveyor line. If they even tried to check every package even with x ray you wouldn’t recieve mail for like a year. They already run way behind

Ditto here on cells never being marked as such. The sender address never appears as a company name either… and cells to me have almost always been called “chargers” on the customs sticker.

The three times I ordered batteries I payed $8,82, $9,06 and $8,82 plus shipping.

I was after protected GA’s and came across something interesting at Kaidomain.

So this week I put through an order for 2 house branded 18650 3500mah’s.

Based on the specs listed, I figured they must be re-wrapped GA’s

$21Aud

Fingers crossed

Ragsy, got a link?

Kaidomain link:

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024245.KDLIGHT-KB3500mAh-3_6V-3500mAh-Rechargeable-Li-ion-18650-Battery-with-PCB-2-pcs

For those in the US…

Since Panasonic/Sanyo only make a flat top cell, third parties that don’t manufacture batteries such as Keeppower, EWA, Orbotronic, or anyone else, have to install either a button top, or a protected circuit themselves.

Jon at LiionWholesale sells NCR18650GA’s with Seiko Protection circuits.
These are manufactured with a very high quality Seiko PCB with AO MOSFETs for 12-13A high current cutoff (most PCBs will not allow this much current). This protection circuit protects the battery from mishandling, overcharge, or overdischarge while allowing the battery to do its job properly

No, I don’t work for Jon or have any affiliation with him. I’ve been buying batteries from him for a few years. His prices are reasonable, responds to email questions immediately, and ships fast. Even if it costs a dollar or two more, I get my batteries in a couple days vs buying from a Chinese seller. He ships out of PA.

NCR18650GA with Seiko protection circuit. Will be used in a couple Fenix camping lanterns.

My four came just now

Each cell was in a plastic wrapper
Then two 2*18650 boxes held in a protective baggy
That in a box with some padding
Putting them on the charger in a bit.

I have just ordered 4pcs of NCR18650GA free shipping using China post registered for $16.36 from aliexpress

Do you have a link to that store? Do you trust the seller?