Best Single AA flashlight for 2017/18 ?

The i3t is definitely not CR123, I’m sure it’s a AAA

Yup, that’s it! I went to hear the video again and again last night, and i3T is for AAA and i6T is CR123.
As far as I can tell, by the videos seen, Olight didn’t present any AA/14500 light!

That’s a pity, I found after EDCing AAA, AA and CR123 that AA is my favorite form factor…
Maybe my Tool AA with new driver will do it…

what is the i6t then?

It is CR123 :wink:

I feel the same! I would add that the 18350 size!

Last night I “resurrected” the possible Tool AA Copper thread, in the hope of something new and improved on that light!
A copper/brass/SS/titanium version with an improved driver (AA/14500) and better UI (even a BLF made one) would be incredible!
The thing is…Lumintop seems to be busy due to the GT and maybe the forthcoming FW3A, so they have few time spare.

Also, with the EDC05, the Prince Mini and the Duke as AA/14500 lights, I’m not sure if they will put much efforts on a new Tool AA… pitty, as a Tool AA like the Tool AAA Ti (metal e-switch button) would be amazing!
Imagine that - as stock light - with Crescendo, Narsil/ NarsilM, Anduril…. :heart_eyes:

For now, after modding the Tool AA, I’ve been using it daily, as it has an incredible form factor!

I have a version of this with no usb charging from Enogear
Enogear Stainless Steel AA/14500 Flashlight

Hum, I know that from Enogear, but the one I linked seems “smaller” (shorter and slimmer).
Also, the mode spacing seems different, as well as the LEDs (Enogear is XP-G2 and the Taobao is XP-G3).
I just can’t determine if the one from Taobao uses TIR lenses or reflector…

Thanks for the information, however :wink: :+1:

The tool AA is a big miss IMO.
The body is super cool, really light and compact form factor.
The tail click is swappable to make it a twisty so it pleases anyone.

BUT UI is Meh, with too high Low and weak High given today standards.
And that clip :person_facepalming: … Seriously, I’ll have to figure how to make a bnetter one if I want to EDC it.
It’s misplaced, flimsy and clipped which make it useless to say the least…

Olight made the S15 AA now discontinued last few here

I thought it was 14500 as well, I guess my memory fails me. I gave one (aluminum) to my brother in-law he loves it.

Banggood lists it S15 but sold out

Yeah I know Olight products quite well and did own an S15R (now solde) and still own an S1A.
But what I was hoping when I saw the i6t was that Olight finally made a tail clicky compact AA… :frowning:

Sorry, I meant to say that on the 2018 Shot Show they didn’t present AA/14500 lights!
Yes, the S15 and the S15R are nice lights! I wish the S15R had a similar UI as the S1R Baton! I wouldn’t search for another light on this category if it existed :wink: (I like direct access to ML and to Turbo, and I like hidden strobes :stuck_out_tongue: )

- X3-, you are “close” to them and are an Olight expert, you can try to influence them to make a “decent” AA/14500 light :smiling_imp:

+1 Neutral white
And the AA / 14500 headlamp ! :+1:

I should have counted how many times I’ve suggered to my contact to influence the right people at Olight offices to make a slim factor AA flashlight with tail clicky and 3 usable modes…

The recipe is quite simple :

- AA and 14500 compatible

- as slim as possible (think L3 illumination L10C / Acebeam M10)

- good pocket clip with deep carry WITH SCREWS (Thrunite T10 2014)

- Stainless steel bezel

- Nichia 219C or XP-L option (CW+ NW)

- Tail clicky

- 3 modes (1, 50 and 300 lumens on Ni-Mh seems feasible)

- MEMORY

- Less than 30$

• Anodized Aluminium Alloy (and then luxury edition in Ti, Cu, Br…)

They would sell thousands of them…

Wow these lights look amazing! I wonder how they perform.

Bromine? :smiley:

I suppose in the arctic… Just don’t run the LED too hot, or the case will melt.

Except for memory I would drool for a flashlight with these criteria. I have high hopes for the EDC05, and my AA is about to arrive, so we’ll see. Programable memory, or even modes if done simple like biscotti, would be awesome

I’m with Persechini, the memory could be user programmable! Also - and that being a personal preference - shortcut to ML and to Turbo would be nice!

300 lumens on a Ni-MH and 800/900 on 14500 Li-Ion? :smiling_imp:
I would definitely be in for that :money_mouth_face:

I think Thrunite, Balder, Fenix, Sipik, Eagletac had lights like these. I don’t think they sold well since clickys are prone to failures. And generally people find them boring to use compared to electronic switches.