Big reflector multi cell Skyray XML@Manafont

Bro, when at distances other than 1m, its better to use candlepower, cuts down the confusion esp with some newbies doing calculations as the distance is already "converted". I think that's what you are caculating but the unit shd really be CP.

Candlepower = lux times (distance ^2) Eg CP = 10,000 lux times 5 metres squared = 250,000 CP.

With throwers (small arc/emitter + big reflectors), it makes sense to measure at father distances. XM-L of 40-55mm reflector, should be ok.

My big reflectored HIDs need at least 10m. :) Some short arcs need 20-30m at least.

DX has this light but it's called the Fandyfire It cost $46.20.

Got it 2100, thank you.

And yes, that was the computation I did for conversion to 1m.

What do you guys think of the actual figures I got? They seem pretty high to me, although my HS-802 (R2 overdriven at 1.4A battery draw from stock) throws to 500m, barely visible that is, and under the best conditions.

Sounds within the bounds of sanity to me - I get 36700 from a Raidfire Spear clone with a Q5 not driven terribly hard so a fully driven R2 in a good deep reflector ought to do better.

AFAIK just about no LED has hit the 100,000 lux at 1 metre point though Lambda did make an XM-L that came very close - it was heavily overdriven and was directly mounted to a half a kilo or so of copper.

agedbriar - yeah its a little high. Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 is in the 55k region too. DBS aspheric R2 is low 60k.

They measured the SR90 to be in the 100-125k region. Because of CW LED's deficiency in the yellow region, its usually 10-20% less than "CW" HIDs.

I'll take more measurements from farther still, so as to use the luxmeter range with the highest accuracy, which is the 200-2000 lux range (x1) for my new toy.

Also to keep in mind is the fact that I'm using the luxmeter with the Max mode engaged and I move the beam slightly, so the readouts always reflect the brightest value within a possibly not quite even hotspot.

That's pretty nice. It takes 4-5m to stabilize the reading, which is to be expected w/ throwers. I don't think optimizing for meter sensitivity is going to do much since this is stuff is +/- 5% easily.

At 1 metre this is almost essential - the readings can double depending on where you are in the hotspot. My throw measurements are always the highest number I can get to be stable on the meter.

That's why the Max mode is so handy, especially when standing far from the luxmeter (throwers case).

This light was mentioned in the original post, But not talked about. I ordered it a few days ago from Manafont but it hasn't shipped yet. I hope it proves to be a pocket rocket and work as good as it looks.

SKU: 7732 Sky Ray G6 Cree R5 5-Mode Stainless Steel LED Flashlight (1*18650) $21.20

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/sky-ray-g6-cree-r5-5mode-stainless-steel-led-flashlight-118650-p-7193?rp=091774