BLF is very slow + 504 timeouts

someone trying to run the server with ultrafires?

I started reading this and felt like a turtle, then it sped up and I felt like the snail riding the turtle

WWHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Today my fiber service got upgraded to 250mbit down & 50mbit up and BLF have never feelt faster and snappier before :bigsmile:

It still takes some time for the actual connection and request all the way to i guess the datacenter in the US, but then it is like insta page with no loading at all.

What kind of connections are you all using?

haha “12” mbps DSL!

Its actually about 8 down and 0.5 up

Outch that is not fast.

I know we are really spoiled for fast Internet in Sweden but it is expensive, at least from my provider it costs 495kr=$56 a month.

I just tested against some servers in the US and i got from between 168-20mbit down to 45-5mbit down and with a latency of 105ms 200ms.

It is that latency to the US that makes it always takes at least 100ms before something happens.

So i don’t get the 240mbit down and 50mbit up and 17ms latency i get here locally in Sweden to the US.

If anyone wants to test it is easy on speedtest.net

I wonder where the BLF server is located? EDIT I just remembered Sb had posted in this thread, please tell me where BLF is located i am so curious :slight_smile:

Even to night it's occasionally slow for me as well. Hit or miss. I have 25mb FIOS.

Haha! Joke's on you

Lte with 1mbps down and 0.1 up. Long term edge that iS

Connecting to this site probably takes a wide variety of paths for a good many people, since there’s people from all over the world here. Each connection between two points over the Internet normally involves 15-20 routers, also known as “hops” each of which is a point of failure. If one of those routers is having a bad day, then you will have a hard time connecting to that site. The closer the router is to the end point (this site) the more users will be affected, since their “route” will be more likely to have that same hop.

The next time you’re not sure if it’s you or not, open a command prompt if you’re in Windows and type “tracert budgetlightforum.com” to run a trace route, which will give you the route between you and this site, or any site. You can usually see at which hop it’s stalling. The closer it is to you, the more likely it’s just people in your area or with your ISP that are having an issue.

You can run multiple trace routes to different sites get a feel for what/where the problem is :slight_smile:

A lot of sites are slow to open in the last week and with the ongoing conflict of Anonymous against ISIS the web may be suffering.
Noticed the same effect when China was hell bent on attacking US federal websites, it affects the speed and stability.
Gotta admit, the timing is spot on.

I hit 70mbps down and 50 up on my LTE phone the other day… too bad my limit is 4GB/month.

My DSL isn’t fast, but it’s enough for surfing and streaming, anything more is just for convenience. $30/mo

BLF is extremely slow loading today

I also experienced a little hiccup a few minutes ago. Took a little bit like it was busy.

I checked my internet connection at the same time BLF was trying to load. I was getting 83 down and 85 up. That’s on a 75/75mbps connection.

Edit: it’s now working fine :slight_smile:

Hmmm, not sure what might have happened there. Thanks for reporting it.

Yeah, for a little bit, it was almost as slow as shipping from China, but it seems to be back to normal now.

LOL! now that’s slow!