BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Hi Krono, I would prefer boxes, but will take any available.

Since Kronos is denying me another set for the second time, can I please buy a code with box. You give me the code, I can pay you $25 on paypal.
Anybody?

I have been here a very short time Ken but I can determine with a fairly high degree of certainty that this is an incredibly foolish move on your part! Old habits die hard I guess :wink:

Please ignore this persons request. If you don’t I will ban you as well from future GBs.

I am a very patient person. But this is it. Do not PM me ever again, myhken.

krono

Hey Kronological, can you please put me on the stand-by for preferably an unboxed set, but would be just as happy with a boxed set?

So you say that I’m is banned from all future GBs?

boxed or no box would work for me krono thank you.

They would ship with the the first week after CNY. Remember, after CNY they are playing catch up for about 2 weeks.

Hi guys! Quick question. Was the overall consensus that the unboxed set were better packaged, with less chance of receiving damaged lights due to them moving around? I know the box could be damaged, but I’m asking about the lights in the box.

My ss/cu set arrived yesterday. Both lights are not flawless. Especially the X5 has some imperfections. Except for the imperfections they both look great. Serial number of the set matched the box but unfortunately the box didn't survive the trip from China to my home. It is a write-off. It is a pitty because I liked the box.

Bravo FrankenDale...Bravo!!

You made me curious as to why that would be happening, so I checked both of my sets for the sharp edges you speak of.

I found that on my boxed set #48 X6, the tail cap has a bevel along the tailcap edge that smooths out this sharp edge.
You can that it’s where the light catches on the edge where the lanyard holes are.

On my non-boxed set #267 X6, there is no bevel on the tailcap edge, which makes it seem sharper. I never noticed until now. It doesn’t bother me when I use the light, and my lanyard has been fine. I couldn’t even feel it.

Both X5’s from both sets have the bevel.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone with an unboxed set that is also missing that bevel?

Just a thought Hank... Ambient temperature? It's well into summer here and I imagine the light will get much hotter left tailstanding now (not that I would) than it will in 6 months. Perhaps you might need to re-calibrate several times per year.

Can I get on the standby list. SS/CU with box (if not, without box)

should be around normal for calibration.
I figured tailstanding was the worst case.
Recharged the cell, and it took 640mAh, so the KX5 used about all the 600mAh cell had in it, going down to moonlight level on its hightest setting during calibration.
Just curious if it’s unusual or not.

I would say you are partially correct. Both my boxed set and unboxed set were packaged identically; wrapped in one direction with foam wrap (ends were exposed) and shipped in a non-padded plastic mailer. The main difference between the two sets is that the unboxed lights are individually boxed in heavier cardboard factory boxes with lights safely seated in a secure retaining foam. Although the boxed set is stunning, both lights are shipped together in what in actuality is a beautiful display case and not a shipping box. The lights are seated in a foam which is fitting for display but less suitable for shipping. Thus, therein lies the challenge of sending a delicate display case through an international shipping system.

Hey guys, I got my aluminum set today, it rocks, but I have the tight clip everyone has been mentioning.

I managed to fix mine pretty easily, it isn’t perfect visually, but I’ll tell you what I did.

I have a basic MAPP gas torch, and a small vice that can clamp to a table.

1. Put the long end of the clip tightly in the vice, make sure it’s secure because you’ll be applying some force. Heat up the bend in the clip and carefully open it up with pliers. It won’t look right but bend it out like a good 20 degrees. Keep the metal hot, if you feel it start to resist, stop and reheat.

2. Take something like a small screwdriver and have it ready to place sideways inside the radius of the bend. This is to keep the bend from closing up tight like it was before

3. Heat the bend red hot again, place the screwdriver tight inside the bend, and quickly squeeze the bend tighter again. Once again, be sure to keep the metal hot, don’t force it or it will probably snap.

4. Do whatever minor tweaks you need to make the tip of the clip the correct tightness to the light. Only bend the metal when it’s hot! I set mine so there’s about a hair’s width between the clip and the light, it makes a click if I tap on it, which is fun, my Zebralight does that too and I like it for some reason.

I had to heat the clip several times, when it stopped glowing it seemed to resist bending quickly.

I can’t guarantee that the clip will be as strong as it was before, I don’t know what kind of steel it is, or what kind of heat treat it would require, but it’s better than not being able to use the clip or snapping it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Heating up the clip like this will ABSOLUTELY affect the color/finish of the clip. The X5 engraving on mine is a little harder to read and is jet black, and there’s some heat coloring to the steel. I actually think it looks cool, just a heads up.

Unboxed is your best bet for less shipping damage.

Seems someone parked their truck in the way of my 55 gallon drum shot. I won’t say it was my Dad or anything, but….