*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

just had an idea, maybe for thoes who want a big (for lack of a better word) visor on the light. a simple coolie hat / Frisbee type thing can be screwed on from the top.

my point being it might make sense to add a tapped hole to the top or even add a low cost visor/shade to cut glare when it is sitting on the table while eating or reading, playing cards type of thing.

.02 worth

That sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of a threaded hole so the visor could be removed /relaced. If its the standard tripod thread size it could also be used to attach one of those gorilla flexible tripods. I’ve used my gorilla tripod attached to my supfire m6 to easily secure to canopies and tree limbs. It works great, I think it would work with this light even better.

just want to tag this - I am interested.

That’s just downright neat and should prove to be extremely handy. Really an innovative thought!

TL

+1 on the lantern and on the shade option.

I registered with the forum just to say I’m interested in this.

I’m still very interested. I have three small kids so durability is a top priority for me since I know they have dropped our current lanterns many times while camping. Thank you for your hard work on this project!

happy you are interested in this lantern design, and welcome to BLF. :slight_smile:

I’m very curious about the first 18650 lantern with warm white tint :slight_smile:
What’s currently the status since the last update on May,23,2016 ?

Looks like the ideal SHTF light and for camping. Certainly interested. Some means of solar charging would be nice, but not essential.

Ok, I wasn’t interested in this lantern at first. But, a recent camping trip without a lantern has convinced me of the need for one. I carried three flashlights of three different sizes/configurations. Those were very useful, but not one of them would work as a lantern. Other campers had lanterns, mostly propane lanterns. They had plenty of area lighting and I did not. So, is there anything going on with this lately? Are we near having a manufacturer on board?

I have been over worked for most of the summer and fall, and sadly have not had the time to chat more on it with a manufacturer & Kronos on the build. but hopefully over the winter we can get the ball rolling.

In

Wow, that would be really, really great!

Would be great if you have more time for your project and less work/duty :slight_smile:

Looking forward to winter and possible production next year. Add my name to the list of those who are willing to spend some $$$$ for a quality lantern.

FINALLY!! A quality led lantern. I want this. Any chance to have it available by spring fishing season? Do you have a price target? I know at least 4 people that would want one.

Please continue your efforts. I believe you are about to fill a huge void in the market.

I am most likely interested!

I would buy at least 2 or 3 of these, I’m 1000% in for a quality LED lantern for camping.

I’m interested as well! Thanks for this!