*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Please put me on the list for one. Thanks.

Please put me on the list for two more lanterns (total of three). The LT1 is on track to be one incredible lantern!. Thanks!

Good info. Thanks Lexel.

What about a ā€œdummyā€ cell with a cap inside?

Sofirn made a Q8 diffuser cap. Itā€™s $7 for a 2-pack on Amazon or Aliexpress. It basically turns the Q8 into a light bulb. Iā€™ve used mine quite a bit that way, though with a different diffuser cap. It works pretty well.

But I like the lantern more. It directs more of the light sideways instead of up into the sky. It lets me adjust the color temperature. The CRI is higher, and the tint is nicer. It has a tripod connector on the bottom, and a carrying handle on the top. Itā€™s more efficient at its medium and high modes. Its firmware has more modes. And it has a charger built in, which is really handy when using multiple cells.

You could try making a cone out of foil and sticking it in the top of the diffuser to direct more light outward. But I agree that the lantern is a better option, when it becomes ready to sell. :wink:

Cone Pattern Template Generator

Cool. That sounds like exactly the sort of change that could improve it even further relative to where it was. Thanks!

I wear tin-foil hats all the timeā€¦ It keeps aliens and bad-people from reading my mind!

Please put me on the list for one. Thanks!

I have about a 10 inch tall tube that looks like a light sabre on my BLF Q8. I LIKE the fact a decent amount of light goes out the top and the tube even on turbo isn't impossible to look directly at . I have no idea what the original piece actually was (a water filter housing for a refrigerator)? It's good enough to keep me from buying more than one of these lanterns .OTOH the high cri , ability to change tints and charging is what's keeping my interest .

I don't like the bottom line on the logo ..it draws your eye down ..where the other lifts . It gives the feeling of light projecting up and out .The underlined one emphasizes the earth and makes the lantern look like a street lamp shining down ...Won't effect my buying decision :P

Interested in one. Please add me to the list. Thanks!

ok thanks everyone

Iā€™m readyā€¦ Just ordered 18650GAs for 3 LT1sā€¦ plus a few extra for other lights.

Will there be an option to buy this light with 4 high mAh 18650ā€™s like the GT?
Thought I might have read this somewhere along the line in this threadā€¦

We hope that can be an option, once we talk to Barry to see if Sofirn can add that as an option when ordering.

Here is the 23 minute discussion video on my thoughts of the LT1 test sample. (ignore my sniffles & muffled voice, i have a bad cold & bad spring allergies at the same time! :person_facepalming:

Hi Den, I enjoyed the video!

Iā€™m glad youā€™re generally pleased with the prototype. Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts about it.

Very clever idea about the external o-ring ā€˜bumperā€™ around the top.

Hopefully the threadsā€™ anodization can be thicker to allow mechanical lockout.

I like that the bail doesnā€™t hang down in front of the globe when itā€™s folded down.

It was really cool to see your scratch-made brass lantern make an appearance! :+1:

Iā€™m looking forward to your ā€˜LT1 accessoriesā€™ video!

Thanks, :+1: Both my scratch-made lights were in that video. (the Steam pipe multi-light, and the Apocalypse lantern.

I like the o-ring bumper idea. Of all the changes you mention in the video, that one is the one that really stands out to me. I have to admitā€¦.I kind of like the slightly taller and wider shade. I know that keeping it small was the idea, but it kind of looks more like a lantern with it larger. I know thats not the pointā€¦but still.

/\ ā€¦ This ā€¦ /\