*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Can you put me down for one more, bringing my total to 3.

Thank you!

Ok here is the altered design submitted to the team from Barry of Sofirn, with the bumper o-ring added around the head, charging lights removed from the sides of the charge port, ( moved to the switch) also the bail handle has been changed so its recessed when folded and has a center-rise so it centers on a hanger or rope. ( also the bail handle holes go completely through the outside upper ridge edge, meaning for those who wish to add a para-cord only handle in place of the bail handle they can. (ignore the clear lens, that is just to show the inside and design, as the production unit will be frosted like the test samples.

Thanks for the update, Den! :+1:

The changes to the bail look nice, and I like the bumper.

Is there an additional tripod socket on the side?

Has the level of frosting on the globe been changed?

Are the charge indicator LEDs now positioned near the switch, or actually inside the switch?

Do they plan on sending another round of prototypes to you and the other team members?

The additional tripod socket is planned as a addition, ( though its not seen in the pic above) The frosting level may have to stay the same, depending of Sofirm can source a lighter less opaque material. The charging LEDs are planned to be in the switch along with the switch glow LEDs. I am unsure if they will send a test sample or not, it would be good to test a final one before production to make sure everything is good to go first.

Looks good. Lets go, build it

Wow! That rendering rocks!

What an amazing thing you good folks have created! I'm so excited to see all your blood and sweat and time and effort become something tangible. And what a wonderful, tangible lantern it is :)

Congrats again to your success! :)

-Ben

Looks good, but is the bumper ring also orange in the production version? Hopefully we can test the changes before it goes into production.

excited!

put me down for another 2.

a total of 4. thanks!

Looks great! I have 8 new NCR18650GA that are lonely…eagerly awaiting 2 lantern friends to come out and play… :slight_smile: Very exciting! Well done Den, you should be proud. Thank you again for all the hours you and each team member have invested in this project.

Cheers!

:+1:
I hope they still manage to source the right plastic, it still gets better :slight_smile:

it looks absolutely amazing. love it! :slight_smile:

I’m interested in one (1) lantern, please.

Ditto, to all the cheering above. The new rendering looks great! I’m ready! :partying_face:

The colored O-ring really adds to the appearance. Now you might have to source matching O-rings to fit the other groove right below the diffuser, to include in the accessory kit. :wink:

But then we will have people clamoring for green O-rings, yellow O-rings, and on and on… to personalize their lanterns. Where will it end? :open_mouth: You’ve really opened a can of worm… um, O-rings!

Yeah, I like the color contrasting O-ring too. :+1:

Time to start checking out the Auto parts, diesel repair shops, & hydraulic cylinder repair shops to look at their assortment of Big O-rings. :smiley:

Making note of colors too of course…… :person_facepalming: . :wink:

I have seen them on the orange, blue, glow in dark green, gray, Red, clear, & white. :smiley:

GITD, so the lantern is easy to find. :wink:

Exactly…. :+1: … I doubt any of the places I mention above will have GITD that big though :frowning: . They will most likely have black, green, & red… with an outside chance of blue & clear.

Hopefully someone will find GITD though…… for the coolness factor. :sunglasses: . :beer:

I’d be in for some…. :wink:

Is it possible to mix GITD powder with Silicone? Maybe “make” your own bumper ring?

I’m a little doubtful about the usefulness of the o-ring. Being “rubber”, it will be prone to catch a cloth and roll out of the groove and if the LT1 fall of its height it will be probably too soft to amortize it. Anyway, will see.
The rest looks really good. :+1: