*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Hi please add me to the interest list for 1 lantern. thank you.

DBSAR, you mentioned a Canadian source for the batteries, can you share vendor? thanks.

Will send you a DM with link.

Please, add me to the list for one.

This will make Life easier @ the worst of times, Two Lanternā€™s Please!

Please, add me to the list for one lantern.

Please add me to the list.

Ok, for Canadian members needing a good source for Lithium Ion batteries, the guys at 18650Canada.com has set up a 10% off discount for any 18650 cells, they ship across Canada. Canadian members looking to get 18650 batteries can go to this link to order:
>> 18650canada.comĀ -Ā Informationen zum Thema 18650canada. / Use the discount code ā€ DBSAR ā€ when ordering cells to get the discount.

The Panasonic 18650BD cells they have are the best value, 18650canada.comĀ -Ā Informationen zum Thema 18650canada.
I have ordered a bunch of those, and they are all testing well over that rated capacity they list there, ( 3150 mAh) with my Opus 3100 iā€™m getting 3200 ~ 3300 mAh tests with those, while the green LG MJ1s i got are testing lower than their claimed capacity of 3500 mAh, ( i am getting average between 3100 to 3250 mAh from those. The Panas are also a bit cheaper. Though they are flat-tops, i added the solder blob to all of them for the LT1 lantern use.
They plan to bring in button top high capacity cells hopefully in time for when the LT1 goes into production.

Nice and prices seems good for CAD $. However, right now they only carry flat top cells. Will keep an eye on this supplier. Thanks DBSARā€¦

The only workable solution Iā€™ve found is to apply some enamel paint to the plug on the ā€œtopā€ side. Like a red dot. That way you always know the orientation straight off without having to look directly at the plug (which is so small, that itā€™s often easy to make a mistake in dim light).

He is planing to bring in some 3500 mAh button tops for the LT1 buyers. I already ordered & received a bunch of the flat tops and i added the solder blob to them all for the lanterns when they go into production.

Joined after purchasing my FW3A. Love that this is a community project. Please add me to the interest list!

Thats great. I will definitely pick some up for the lanterns.

Please add me to the list.

Add me to the list, I am interested in 2 lanterns thanks.

Prices seem very good. I will say the shipping costs is very high unless you plan on ordering many batteries. If you order anywhere from 2-13 batteries it says the same rate to Ontario ($16.31) and then over that just jumps up by about a dollar.

Hopefully as the business grows they can makes some adjustments to that and even it out some.

Iā€™ll keep my eye on them. Like to see some Sony VTC6 in there.

shipping is never cheap across domestic these days, but its definitely cheaper if you order a larger number atm.

Yep.

We need rather large quantities to benefit from bulk discounts.

We can get the shipping price down to around 5-6$CA shipping Canada wide, but weā€™d need to sell around 1000 lanterns every day or 2 for this.

Thanks DBSAR, will check them out.

The Panasonic 18650BD cells they have are the best value, > https://18650canada.com/collections/18650/products/panasonic-18650bd-3180mah

I have ordered a bunch of those, and they are all testing well over that rated capacity they list there, ( 3150 mAh) with my Opus 3100 im getting 3200 ~ 3300 mAh tests with those, while the green LG MJ1s i got are testing lower than their claimed capacity of 3500 mAh, ( i am getting average between 3100 to 3250 mAh from those. The Panas are also a bit cheaper. Though they are flat-tops, i added the solder blob to all of them for the LT1 lantern use.

I use my wifeā€™s nail polish, there is always a lot of that stuff around here.