*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Intersted, please put me on the list !

Except itā€™s not a battery made by Sony. Itā€™s a 3rd party battery.

More batteries prepped. I hope we can get our orders in before I spend all my lantern money on batteries!

Wow thatā€™s cool! What am I seeing here and how do I go about doing it?

When you ā€œknow a guyā€ who lives in a van down by the river, all things are possible. :smiling_imp:

Youā€™re looking at a cleaned up and augmented version of the BLF LT1 logo with added details to show either ā€˜Battery A of set , Battery B of set_ā€™, or Battery Set A, Battery Set B, etc. If you wanted to get creative, you could change the color of the light in the lantern to indicate set memberhip, or put a small number in itā€¦ the options abound.

I wish these were properly printed on battery wraps, but alas, Dude in the Van was only able to put printed paper under clear shrink tube.

Hereā€™s an example of the layout:

ps - Iā€™m working on getting a sanitized version of the layout file I can distribute

Nice job!

I put my phone number on my cells. I figure if someone finds one of my lights, theyā€™ll certainly open the battery compartment at some point.

Maybe theyā€™ll call me to return the flashlight, too. :slight_smile:

These are awesome :+1: :smiley:

The production LT1 will have a very warm yellow orange glow for the on/off button, (as opposed to green from the first test unit. :stuck_out_tongue:

NOW you tell me?
#gumble grumble bitch moan grumble#

Actually, I noticed that the green tends to get lost in the color prints. Iā€™ll see if Burnt Nuclear Orange shows up any better before I make the hole bigger.

Edit ā€” Can you give me an example of something thatā€™s a similar color? An RGB / Pantone number would be perfectā€¦ :wink:

Please put me on the list, thanks.

Might seem trivial to some but Iā€™m really excited for the amber-ish auxiliary LED in the power button. Easy on the eyes in very low light, and my 6-year-old specifically requested a nightlight when I take him camping for the first time (anything green/blue would surely be annoying to sleep next to) :smiley:

Hereā€™s an eBay listing for custom printed 18650 wraps. The seller is in Florida.

Custom Printed 18650 Wraps

I appreciate the thoughtā€¦ but the fine print says it all. These are not printed wraps - they are printed inserts like I have.

(Caps His)

Heā€™s asking $3.50 a pair plus $3.25 shipping. Iā€™ll provide the file for free.

The last time I looked, custom printed wraps required minimum orders in the thousands, and were all sourced from China. If anyone knows of a US source for custom color printed shrink tube, please let me know. All the ones Iā€™ve found are either prohibitively expensive or only offered text.

Ah! I missed that! Not very useful for me. I can print on paper myself and buy blank wraps a lot cheaper than that! :person_facepalming:

DBSAR - is this a better representation of the button color?

FYI - Iā€™ve taken the liberty of increasing the button size to make it more obvious in this application. This was a rough edit - Iā€™m totally open to tweaking the button size if desired.

maybe a little more orange ( like the glow of a camp fire coals & embers) for the button.

as a night glow light, the orange glow (or flame flicker depending on the mode) is on par to that of the coals of a smoldering camp fire. it is perfect for sleeping at night as a night light. it will have two glow brightness, low & higher.

You dang high-mantenance Snowlandiansā€¦ :wink:

If you want a closer match, send me a picture with the right shade in it and I can color-sample it.

Thatā€™s close :smiley:

Is it closer to the border of your user icon?
Iā€™d like to get it ā€˜rightā€™ before making the file available.

Tell me what color it should be according to this site and Iā€™ll fix it.
color reference