*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

It looks like this was answered already, but…

At around 9m in the video, you asked about how to get out of momentary mode. But you also demonstrated how to do it — disconnect power. That’s the only way out.

The reason is because it’s meant to be used for signalling, like Morse code and such. Also for light painting. So once it’s in momentary mode, there is intentionally no sequence of button presses to exit.

On a related note, the brightness of momentary and beacon modes can be configured. It uses whatever the user last ramped to in the normal operation mode. Momentary can also use any of the strobe-group modes. For that, basically just navigate to the strobe you want, adjust the speed or brightness as desired, then turn the light off. Click 5 times for momentary, and it’ll be a momentary strobe instead of the usual steady output.

Momentary lightning is kind of fun. :slight_smile:

I can confirm this. Along with a hardwired ‘findme’ button light, it’s an annoying lack in an otherwise really nice light.
ps - is the ‘13 clicks from off’ reset supposed to have any visible confirmation?

rofl…. a rare moment of conservative logic — HERE?

went to buy mine, have code for group buy, but the amazon link says none available.

Did I miss the buy completely? suggestions would be helpful, thankyou.

Okay thanks Sig and Sb, I was a bit confused there

So… it’s not actually 13 clicks from off. It’s 13H, meaning the user must hold the final press. But, yes, it gives a visible confirmation.

The factory reset function, whether accessed by holding the button on power connect or by doing 13H on a FW3A light, plays out an entire animation while it happens:

• Starting at a dim level, strobe rapidly with increasing intensity for 3 seconds.
  • If the user lets go during this time, abort the reset and fade smoothly back to off.
  • Otherwise, if the user held the button long enough, do the reset and confirm it visually by bursting directly to the brightest level, then fade back to off.

It’s meant to resemble a warning and an explosion. Initially it was implemented on a lightsaber, which flashed red at first then burst into a shower of blue and white… but on a white light it doesn’t change color.

As a side note, there’s a functional reason for giving a warning for 3 seconds before the reset… it’s not just for the user’s benefit. This gives the hardware time to get a stable temperature measurement, for auto-calibrating the temperature sensor. Giving the user time to change their mind is sort of an extra benefit.

Ahhhh…… 13H, not 13.
so, the Hold (symbolically and logically) takes the place of the power button hold during battery installation. Nice logic.

Got it & thanks.

ps - i love the reset flash sequence. It not only performs a needed function, it does it with style.

Just to reiterate lionheart_2281’s earlier question,

there is no thermal configuration capability in the LT1 version of Anduril, as it is not required. It just doesn’t get hot enough to warrant it and if it did would require remote sensing. The emitters and the Attiny85 measuring temperature are nowhere near each other.

I’ll take one if/when available.

I sanded the pad a little for adhesion and brushed flux onto it. I think they came out okay.

FWIW, I believe I succussfully semi-permenantly installed the orange o-ring in its groove on the LT1 top. I used a thin brushing of Aquaseal all the way around the inside of the groove. That appears to adhere well (enough?) to the o-ring, and certainly well enough to th anodize.

What is the purpose of the orange o-ring at the top? It looks cool, but are looks the only purpose?

This is my first group buy, but I guess I must be missing the point. I haven’t received any codes but today I can just go buy the lantern for a lower price than the group buy price. Whats the point of a group buy?

Where is this lower price available? I’ve been trying to get a code…

From here Sofirn Aliexpress Store added some stock in US, Poland and Russian

I got the price to $46.62 or so with UPJCQO3F38YX plus all the other coupons on Aliexpress. Looks like some people got that price with batteries, not sure if they are using a group buy code too.

It happens all the time. I have pre order stuff with discounts and then on black friday it becomes cheaper. You are not guaranteed the cheapest price just because you pre order. You did not fund the project, your name is just in a list of people who would like to purchase it.

It was me. I got it for $49 with batteries. I used the promo code sofirn provided in ther 11.11 tread and also my aliexpress coupons. If you combine those and the paypal coupon you get that price.

I get that, but you would think before selling for a lower price to the general public, they would have given codes to everyone in the group buy at least. That and the previous issues with the “codes”, seems poorly run.

I’ll just go buy it now for cheaper, no skin off my back.

$49 with batteries, I hope the deal is still valid by the time I get home.

From going through the checkout process, without actually buying it, the code only brings the LT without batteries down to the group price. Other coupons based on amount purchased could bring the price down of course.