BLF ReyLight Titanium Flashlight 3*Nichia

I received this light as a host and the first thing i did was take a metal saw and sawing two grooves opposite each other in the battery side of the pill, for the purpose of getting the pill out again once screwed in. You can not do that of course but perhaps take small pliers, place them inside the pill, and while applying outward force and try screwing the pill out like that?

Thank you Rey!

What an outstanding deal.

Very nice.

djozz

thanks for that tip i tried that bnut you cant use much force as if you slip off with the pliers the treads will be gone on the soft copper so thats really not an option in my opinion this is an absolute design failure its not possible to get this pill out without the risk of damaging it the treads or the driver.

i mean for a light in this class mistakes like that shouldn’t happened.

lets see rey still didnt reply maybe there is a way i just didnt try or think of yet.

'a light in this class'

This is a light from Rey. And Rey is great in that he dares to do unique things, he gets things done that others can not get done. And his prices are good.

But he's not a perfectionist (like i.e. Don from McGizmo), every one of his projects has some shortcomings (although the adapted copper Tool he managed to get done with Lumintop I find pretty close to perfect), and I accept that as the way it is and for the price payed I think it is ok.

One more idea for your pill: I do not know how long the ledwires are, but can you carefully pry the driver board on its side and so create more depth for the pliers to get a grip?

I usually use pliers to take out the pill. It's not very tight, so the damange isn't always happening. If it does, I will send another one to you.

ok i will try

djozz the whole head is quiet deep i put the driver on its side without that its noway to get in there at all the treads of the ring and to shrot to get in there at all with pliers.

the light is great and that sits more a prototype then a series run is clear but if we cant change led optics or drivers its more like a one way light after the optics broken the light is done
i also think the copper pill will oxide and will be harder to get out by then then now fresh clean clear.

got the pill out with pliers without a problem the black spot under the optic is the black cable so its not easy to get away i have to live with that.

did someone do run time test yet ?? ?

Hello, I would like to order Option 3 - $159 = Option 2 +9 trits in head slots (all blue)

pm sent.

Anyone seeing any issues with batteries fitting and which batteries will fit?

My light seems to be slightly tapered at the tail end… not to mention, Purple Efests are the only thing that I can get to actually fit. My 30Qs, MJ1s, or HG2s won’t even go inside the light. Neither will my 18350s, but a 16340 does. Makes me think the inner bore is off. Anyone able to confirm if any of the above batteries work in your light?

I say I think it may be tapered slightly, because I have to back the switch out just a hair to be able to make a complete circuit. This leaves the switch rattling, and a slight gap in the threads at whatever section is tightened down last. I also see this behavior with the middle section both on and off.

So, I think my issues are 1) inner bore too small & 2) slight taper at tail… but Rey asked me to post here and see what everyone else thought. So, what do you guys think?

Some of my 18650s fit (AW, VTC5, 25R), and some don’t (Panny B & PF, XTAR, HG2). MY 2 Efest 18350s (red and purple) do fit. I seem to also have a slight taper at the front of the middle section.

Mike

Hmm, so it would seem that I do just have a narrower than some bore, and I bet that coupled with the tapper is what’s causing my issues.

Thanks Mike, appreciate ya checking!

Would love more input on what others are using battery wise as well… what of yours fits, and what doesn’t.

Thanks all!

Alright I did some testing too using my array of 18650s.

• Panasonic B’s unprotected - no fit
  • Panasonic B’s protected (rewrapped keeppowers, olights, etc) - no fit
  • Panasonic PF’s - no fit
  • Panasonic GA’s - no fit
  • Panasonic CHs - great fit, easily
  • LG MJ1 - no fit
  • Efest purple - no fit
  • Samsung 30Qs - about 50% of cells fit, and its tight.

I actually intended to use a 30Q in this light so that’s what I put in it first. Guess I just got lucky that the one I grabbed fit and had never tried anything else. I really didn’t realize it was this tight.

This is excellent man, thank you so much!

Oddly, the only battery of mine that actually does fit, is on your list as a “no fit”, and batteries you have as fitting won’t in mine. I think my purple efest just happens to be smaller than it should be.

I’m going to take some measurements of my batteries tonight, and try and get some kind of a reading inside the tube as well.

Hello,

i use Sanyos UR 18650FM unprotected 2600 mAh in the Flashlight, they fit.
The NCR 18650B unprotected 3400mAh fit not.

I am happy with the flashlight, only a little worry. There was not enough glue in the holes to hold the Trits at place.
But I fixed that easily (and dont lose one).

Thanks at all.

I would like to buy one of these if possible.

You are posting again, so soon :smiley:

Rey lights are good choices!

I should add, this light is picky on batteries, as you have read.

Only AW 18650 2900Ah protected work best for mine.

Many of my dozen choices in stock do not.

If this light is still available,I’m in.

PM sent.