Blue S2+ flashlight, for guys, for your bro!

im not a tint expert, so those numbers are like chinese to me : p The only thing i know is i like real neutral white tints. The 3B is nice and its the best NW option you can get for the convoy S2+ the other options are all either to cool or to warm. But even the 3B is a bit to warm for me as you can see.

Buy a Convoy host and put a XP-L V6 3D in it. You wont regret it. If you insist on using a XM-L2, the 3A tint is nice too.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=322
http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xp16-v2-mcpcb-cree-xpl-v6-3d-led-p-812.html

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_117&product_id=480

That looks way too yellow to be 3B.

You don’t need to be a tint expert… just use the chart. Technically, 3B (5200K) is a hair colder than the cool edge of “neutral white” (3700K to 5000K). If it’s too warm for you, you’re probably wanting something in the middle of the “cool white” range (5000K to 6500K). You’d probably like a 2A or 2D:

You should request that Simon design a thin silicone boot to fit inside the metal button to waterproof it.

I’ve heard that idea mentioned before but I’ve never actually mentioned it to Simon. I’ll do that. No promises but it doesn’t’ hurt to ask right? Thanks Gunga.

Yes! Cool. I am really looking forward to that switch but not being waterproof limits it for me.

Message sent. I’m not going diving with this one but still such an easy fix deserves proper consideration. I’ll let you know if I get a response.

am I missing something? the ones i’ve had do have a silicone part to the boot

I’m talking about a full boot under the metal cap. Not a wiper seal in the button.

The CNQG brass 18650 has a nice waterproof metal button design.

I think the Thrunite T10S / T10T has a waterproof metal button too, but I haven’t taken it apart to see how it works.

Those are the only two I can think of which are both metal and waterproof.

Yep. That’s the goal!

Received the 2 short tubes from Simon.
Photo below shows size comparison. Thumbs up to Simon.

I received mine yesterday (1 blue and 1 red).

I’m very pleased with the purchase! :crown:

can it be used on a 16340 battery?

Good news. It can be used with 16340 and CR123 batteries.

As expected, there is some gap between the tube and the battery due to the smaller diameter of 16340 over the 18350. There’s no rattle as the S2+ using spring at both end of the terminal.

I have a few 16340 protected ones, ordered blue S2+ and then one red and one blue 18350 tubes, aside from rattling they should probably fit. If too short, then some magnets should do the trick.

Now, as mentioned, that deep pocket carry clip and this will be perfect high quality budget EDC light.

i have bought a blue S2+ from Gearbest with T6 4c , i have recived the light in very perfect conditions , but the tint is way far from 4C it is like tending to brown and i don’t like it at all , any one got blue S2+ from Gearbest with T6 4c and this happened with him ?

Sorry, my Gearbest order of the Convoy S2+ 4C tint never arrived. Originally ordered 8/24/2015. My claim ticket was just settled earlier this week for the missing flashlight.

But this is what my Blue Convoy S2+ 4C from Simon looks like compared to the BLF Special Edition A6 3D.

Convoy S2+ 4C (High) on the left, BLF A6 3D (High 2) on the right.

You’ll notice that the BLF A6 tends to be more neutral, whereas the S2+ is on the warmish side. I characterize the 4C tint as “white with a kiss of sunshine.” By far, my most favorite tint of my flashlight collection.

Anyone ever put two cr123’s in their S2+? Do bad things happen?