Book Light Recommendations Wanted

Depends on the brightness, beam-width, etc.

Mules are obviously better so you don’t have the spotlight effect and have to aim your head like an owl to light up what you’re reading.

But mules spread the light mighty thin, and you need more total brightness to get the same intensity at the page.

But to me, a “book light” isn’t just the doodad you clip to the book’s cover or whatnot, but can also be the doodad you clamp to a table, headboard, etc., as a sort of portable lamp but which is aimed at the book vs geared towards lighting up the room.

Hell, I’ve got a free-standing “book lamp” on its own that stands about 5’ high and angles down at what you’re reading.

Headlamp + diffusion film.

Short of an aspheric lens, it’s the smoothest beam you’ll get. Not even a wide-angle TIR lens gives as smooth a beam as heavily-diffused diffusion film.

Weird, this link takes me to a windshield repair kit!

My fave reading headlamp is a Zebralight, I think it’s a H601. Wide, even, neutral beam. I haven’t used a book light in at least 10 years.

Yeh, I looked before to see if it was the free-standing one or clamp-on one, and saw that.

I don’t think LITOM is on amazon anymore, ’cause I was looking for some repeats to give as gifts, and no joy.

They had lots of sales and emails flying out announcing same, so wondering if they went out of business?

Shame, as they had some good stuff.

I recently bought this Glocusent book light and received it today. As far as clip on book lights, this one checks all of my boxes as a nice little task light.

3 preset color temps: 1800K, 3400K and 6000K.

5 preset outputs. 5-25 lumens though, so not the dimmest or brightest.

Good price.

Wide head and beam.

USB-C rechargeable.

Stands on it’s own as long as the neck isn’t too far back.

Large clip jaw.

Tint and output ramping.

And the cherry on top, 95+ CRI.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YRVDWCP/ref=twister_B0B379X5V3?\_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Book light.

The Kindle app would solve this problem.

Yeh, wasn’t that being pitched on “The Shark” a ways ago?

I think it was Sharktank, but yea.

Blasphemer! What are you going to suggest next, using a camera flash instead of a flashlight?