Boruit Headlamp Review D10 (aka. EHL0628) - King of the Budget Headlamps?

Well that explains it. Didn’t know that’s what happens when you update a post.

I’ll try it myself above. I’ll change “ain’t” to “isn’t” to my post above.

Yep, that’s what happened. Good to know.

My bad! :person_facepalming:
Fixed R4. Its resistor for AUX led. 120R is very bright , you can use higher value like 4.7K. . Link updated.

Would the time stamp be that of the server location (Toronto I presume)?

I don’t think there is a new notification after an edit though.

It can get confusing if someone omits to disclose their edits.

Is there any way to re-flash the stock driver of the d10? Are there any available firmware out there?

The time should be your time zone assuming you set it up in your user profile.

You won’t get new notifications after an edit. If you click the subscriptions button (on the left) you will see all your subscribed threads and it will show if there are any new posts. New includes edits. Clicking on the number should take you to the new ones, but if it’s an edit it might not. You’d have to scroll through the dates to find the new one.

Nope
But you can try my alternative balanced for headlamps The best UI ever for FET+1 driver, similar as in buck-boost driver video above. 5 main modes in carousel ,manual or auto start level, separated moon and turbo, auxled… too lazy to write manual if interested PM .

There isn’t a time zone in the user profile. I’ve been deducting or adding some hours from some members, but their relative time to mine is ballparked (we have Daylight savings time as they don’t).

Click on “My account” on the left.
Then at the top click on “Edit”.
You’ll see password options, signature options and at the bottom is “Locale settings” with a massive amount of Time Zone settings. Choose your zone then make sure to hit the “save” button at the bottom.

Hey, I hadn’t seen that. Just had a glimpse earlier and so much white space I didn’t scroll down.

Thanks for the correction. Was thinking the forum defaulted to the computer’s parameters.

Is the D10 significantly lighter compared to the D25S or are they almost the same in weight?

Just weighed 2 D-10's a D25 and a Skillhunt H03

all fully loaded with batteries / only difference is the top strap on the Skillhunt has been cut off

All 4 lights weighed exactly the same at 125 grams

Overall I think it's a very lightweight 18650 headlamp

I got a little crazy with the plastic holster that wasn't grabbing my D25 headlamp worth a damn . The light swiveled very freely and didn't detent . If hit at the right angle it would pop out of it's holster and hit the ground . I asked Barry about it when he finally addressed the known issue and he did the usual finger pointing .."you bought it off of Amazon ..not from Sofirn or ali-express site blah blah blah" . So I shrugged it off .

the other day it irritated me enough to take it into the bathroom and hit it with the hair dryer . Heating up one leg while pressing down against the vanity I bent two legs on either side . Maybe both a little too much .

But the end result is the light is now snuggly in place,works like it ought to and I'm a happy camper .

OTOH ... It could have gone badly

I still like the rubber holders. Secure, no “detente” needed, pries right off in seconds if you need to, and the legs don’t snap off because there aren’t any.

I was always concerned about my D10 falling out of the plastic holders since it rotates so freely. It never did, but I was careful when I used it.

Then last summer I added an O-ring to it so I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Great idea, NeutralFan! :)

Thanks!

Does Bourit provide or can anyone estimate the kelvins for the D10 cold white vs yellow LEDs? We talking 5,000 vs 4,000?

Welcome J4ck. Cold about 6000K & warm is new on D10 market, but it should be about 3000K

Thank you, sir. I recently picked up a D25s, which I am very happy with. Going to buy a few D10s to mod :sunglasses:

Just received two D10s and neither work. Could I be doing something wrong? Tried a few different 18650 button tops, protected and unprotected. When I plug in the charging cable in the indicator light turns green and I am able to turn the light on. When I disconnect: nothing. Good excuse to take them apart, I guess :smiling_imp: