Brand loyalty - what brands do you proudly support?

Osram, Luminous & Cree without these companies emitter development this would be a boring hobby. Also Panasonic & Sanyo for their work on cells I doubt we would see so many decent cells without the ground work from those companies and again without good High drain high capacity cells non of this would be possible

Host wise it is hard to dispute the quality and value offered by convoy they really do need to be acknowledged , I just wish they would release some Aspheric hosts

For flashlights the only brands I would say I have any loyalty to are HDS, Malkoff, Oveready, and PFlexPro. Not exactly budget but I do like supporting small shops run by good people.

For pocket knives I like Victorinox and Spyderco. Both provide consistent quality and attention to detail, good value, and well thought out design. I also like supporting custom knifemakers when I can, although that can get expensive as well. It’s cool to know the name and maybe even have met the person who made your knife vs just a factory assembly line.

For motorcycles I like Yamaha and Honda. Both provide excellent quality and reasonable price for replacement parts coupled with long service intervals. Right now I just own Yamaha.

For cars I like Toyota and again Honda. I still drive my 1983 Land Cruiser and I’m always impressed by Toyota’s attention to detail and commitment to quality, although it does make parts pricey.

For tools I like Craftsmen, Makita, and Irwin. Always had good experience with their stuff.

For electronics I like Samsung. My Galaxy S5 is going on 6 years old and has been dropped, tossed around, and dunked underwater plenty of times but is still going strong. My Chromebook has lasted well also.

For outdoor gear most of the brands are pretty good. I like REI’s in house brand stuff as I think they provide a better value than most of the big names.

Everything else I pretty much look at on a case by case basis. I do tend toward smaller companies when I have the option.

Flashlight: ASTROLUX, Olight, Emisar, Fenix, Thrunite...

EDC gears: Victorinox, Leatherman, Spydeco, ...

Measuring Instrument: Fluke, Sekonic, ...

Powertool: Makita, Dremel, ...

Personal Computer (including component makers) : INTEL, SAMSUNG, G.SKIL, NZXT, ASUS, ThermalTake, Cosair, WACOM ...

Watch: G-SHOCK

Car: LEXUS, ...

hellmann’s mayonnaise
Emisar
Nike
Oris
Nabisco
Long Horn
Reate

I’m a loyal customer of Scarpa shoes and boots. Very high quality and they last a very long time. I’ve had five different pairs over the years and they have all been well worth it.

Blundstone boots are also on the list. Just a fantastic design and very comfortable.

Dewalt and Bosch tools have been good to me and I’ll buy more in the future.

The simple Dixon Ticonderoga pencil is the perfect blend of quality and low price. I hoard them in my classroom.

For flashlights, there are too many to choose from, but Sofirn has made some very nice lights at very good prices and are getting better all the time.

Eastern Mountain Sports clothing and gear are also a very good combination of durability and value.

Thompson Wood Tools and Hock plane blades are also a great companies making top notch products for my woodworking. Not cheap but really good quality.

Spyderco makes excellent knives that are designed to cut. I’ve got a bunch and probably more than any other brand in my collection.

Well… you asked for it…
Flashlights - BLF builds, Convoy, Emisar, Reylight and Sofirn.
Knives - Kershaw, only assisted openers
Pistols EDC - Sprigfield Armory 1911 or XD-s
Trucks - Ford. Last one had 287k when I sold it, current one has 278k and still going.

Hey, a fellow Kershaw fan!

You bet, the blades hold up well to abuse and use and the actions are second to none in the assisted opening class.

There is a coffee company called Mayorga and I have been getting coffee from them for over a decade and a half. Their cafe cubano is my favorite coffee. I also like supporting them as a company. They work very closely with their farmers and were doing “fair trade” way before it was “cool.” They also do a lot of charity work. A few years ago a bunch of farmers lost substantial portions of their coffee crops. Mayorga found that Chia seeds would do well in the area so they fronted them the money for chia crops and then bought their harvest from them. They run sales every so often and I try and stock up then.

You can find a more limited selection of their coffees on amazon too.

Are you loyal to any brands? When a find a product or service that delivers quality at a good price, I’ll buy it again. I’m not blindly loyal to any brand.

For flashlights
Emisar D2S is my favourite light. I use it daily. I don’t have plans to buy anything else from them. I’ve got a 5 or 6 bargain priced Convoy S2+ lights at home, work and in the car because they are the perfect grab and go light. I’ve got handful of other Convoy lights that caught my interest. Some I like and others I regret.

For some other items
I was loyal to Air New Zealand. We’ve been flying transatlantic with them for the past ten years. Air NZ deliver service and price on the very competitive London to Los Angeles market that I didn’t find matched elsewhere. They had a premium-Economy offer that was groundbreaking and unmatched. Sadly that sort of went away when they refurbed the 777 fleet a few years back. NZ announced they are pulling out of London next year. We are going to Montana more often the LA these days, so I’ve had to switch to Delta. Delta are somewhat better on long haul than they were 10 years ago, but still pretty awful. I’m not loyal to Delta. They are the least worst option.

I have a set of Zwiling J.A. Henckels kitchen knives that are 30 years old. Does keeping a good set of tools counts as brand loyalty?

I use 5 or 6 old Apple Mac Pros as servers. If Apple still made hardware like that I’d be loyal. The new stuff doesn’t hold up. That is true for so much these days.

I tend to ‘want to be’ brand loyal, however, it doesn’t always work that way.

most things nowadays it doesnt pay to be brand loyal as the same item in a different styled case is sold by many brands.
i go by personal and trusted friends experience instead.
and beyond that bang for the buck.
as far as flashlights i prefer the blf collaboration lights.
and convoy.

Random ones in my top list:

Triple Aught Design (Clothing and gear)

Zebralight (Flashlights)

ITS Tactical (Clothing and gear)

Maxpedition (Packs)

Carhartt (Clothing)

Samsung (Phones/Electronics)

Casio (watches)

Patagonia (Clothing)

Smartwool (Clothing)

Unbound Merino (Clothing)

Grayl (water purifier bottle)

Buff (winter accessories)

Fallkniven (knives)

I am not strictly loyal to any particular brand, but have found the following to offer good value and quality in my experience:

Flashlights - Emisar, Convoy, Sofirn, and anything BLF
Phones - OnePlus
Laptops - Lenovo (more so IBM) Thinkpads, Dell Latitudes
Computer parts - ASUS, AMD, Crucial, Samsung, Intel, Nvidia
Knives - Kershaw (had a Leek since I was 12, and it has survived a lot of abuse), ZT on the high end
Guns - S&W, Colt, Ruger, (old) Remington, IKICKHIPPIES (the SLAP goes on everything), GALCO
Trucks - Ford (all day long), Toyota
Cars - Toyota
Power/Hand Tools - Dewalt, Craftsman (of yesteryear), Ingersoll-Rand, Bosch, Fluke, Klein, Magnepull, Greenlee, RCBS, Irwin
Small gas/petrol powered tools - Echo, Honda
Tractors - Kubota
Clothes - Under Armour, Ariat, Levi’s, Carhartt
TVs - LG
Printers - HP Laserjet
Servers - Dell Poweredge
KB & Mouse - Logitech (basic), for fancy KB’s it is either DIY or something like DAS Keyboard
Gasoline - Costco, Buc-ee’s (they have ethanol free gasoline in some pumps, and unleaded regular has been 1.99 since they came to town)

The full list would take all day.

Lights: Acebeam

Music: Led Zeppelin

Laptops: HP

1911's: Dan Wesson

Ammo: Underwood

Antivirus: Kaspersky

Tofu: Sprouts extra firm.

Oatmeal: Walmart great value

Drain opener: Rooto

Safes: ISM

Pens: Pilot G-2 bold

Bleach: Clorox

Internet service provider: None liked.

Recently had to replace my 15yr old Leica Disto the original and the best. Original cost AU$1680, replacement AU$275, smaller, more robust, more features, easier to use. This thing saved me a bucket load of work. i could mark out a highrise building without help except with for a laser Robovector plumb level square.

Flashlight’s: BLF and Olight.
Phone, tablet, watch, laptop: Apple
Power tools: Makita LXT, also chainsaw and weedwacker
Measurement tools: Fluke
Hand Tools: Wera
Pliers: Knipex
Storage boxes: Pelicase
Two way radio’s: Motorola
Vape mods: Lost Vape DNA-c mods
Whiskey: Jack Daniels
Soft Drinks: Coca Cola
Fast Food: Burger King

Kent paddles, Ten Tec rigs and homemade antennas.

Davis weather monitors.

Levi jeans.

Carhart coats/jackets.

RedWing or Justin boots.

Not partial to any one brand of light. Though I have a few I don’t buy. Jetbeam and Zebralighs being my favorites.

We are all spoiled with a great selection of overseas and american knives at super reasonable prices.

I have a 2006 Lexus IS250. Owned it since new. 288,000 miles on it. Not one real problem. Normal maintenance, alternator and a new exhaust are about all it has eaten in 13 years. Would surely buy one again. Little small for me but the wife wanted it so…………………I bought a truck. It’s a RAM 1500. Nice truck I guess. It’s a truck, as long as it can haul crap and not break down, I’m good with that. It gets dirty and muddy and sometimes the only washing it gets is when it rains. The day I can’t use a truck as a truck is the day I get rid of it. It’s not a pavement and subdivision queen.

I tend to buy craftsmen tools. My grandfather did, my father did, etc. Just is what it is. Priced well and always seem to work.

I don’t drink so i’m indifferent to spirits.

As you can see I’m not super partial to anything really. Though I draw the line at cheap toilet paper. Charmin or a garden hose for me. The wife knows not to bring home that dollar store junk. I work for a living, buy the good stuff. Heinz ketchup. Two bucks more, buy it.

Flashlight’s: BLF

Phone: Apple

Power tools: Makita

DMM: Fluke

Hand Tools: Klein,Estwing

Storage boxes: Pelican case

Radio’s: Icom

Shoes : Johnson & Murphy

Cars: Toyota,Lexus

Motorcycles: Yamaha

Batteries :Eneloop/FDK

Pens: Pentel