Brightest single 18650 edc flashlight now is??

i was thinking about putting the luxeon V led to the convoy s2+…maybe too small body…:

Where’s a good place to buy Luxeon V emitters?

I do not know how much shipping to the US is but led4power (led4power.com) sells the 4000K LV’s and also has the boards to go with them.

Or else:Mouser

These days, the way things are evolving, the brightest isn’t the brightest for very long.
That said, is the Luxeon brighter than the sst40?

:slight_smile: realy?

Luxean V has not that nice beam profile though, especialy with a SMO…plus its nothng special

RMM had once lovely 5000k 219c Nichias , those emitters had maybe the best tint i ever seen on a flashlgith and were performers at the same time, its good i kept a dozen for personal use

I just got some in the mail today from Digikey
LED Lighting LUXEON V White, Neutral 4000K 2.925V 1.4A 120° 1616 (4040 Metric)

$4.22ea or $3.50 if you buy 10+

But if you want the proper MCPCB might as well get them from LED4Power already mounted. Competitively priced and his shipping to USA is pretty cheap.

I thought luxeon led is now the brightest led…ble ble…

Maximum output hardly differs from the SST-40 and XP-L2, but it has the lowest voltage of the three so is easiest to drive to the max.

djozz

SST is nearly the same considering lower Vf m8, yet it can hold lotsa push, V is more or less a XPG3, quite fragile

not so fragile?

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION/CONCEPT/CONCEPT1/
http://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION/E/EC23/

1800 lumens is pretty good.

Zebralight’s newest light claims 2300 lumens, using an XHP50.2 emitter.

I almost ordered it, but I think it would be too floody. Ordered the SC600w MkIV HI instead, hoping that it will serve as an all-purpose outside light, even though it’s only 1400 lumens.

Nice.
That’s the highest I’ve heard of so far.
http://www.zebralight.com/SC600w-Mk-IV-Plus-18650-XHP502-Neutral-White-Flashlight_p_225.html

My 4xSST-40 is bright for a single 18650 light, but the 6xXP-L could be brighter and all things being equal it would be. However, when you get into this type of light where you are running multiple emitters it comes down to current as the biggest factor rather than the emitters, so long as the emitters are at the top end of efficiency. If both mods use the same batteries then spring mods top and bottom and heavy gauge or multiple wires rather than single wires, etc. etc. makes a bigger difference than the number of emitters. For instance a 6xXPL with one set of thin wires and no spring mods isn’t going to be a bright as 4xXPL With four sets of heavier wire and spring mods done right. Although around here I can’t imagine anyone building a 6x without using as heavy of wires as possible and doing the spring mods as well.

Now of course bright and “efficient” are two different things. Normally a light with multiple emitters is a more efficient way to meet a goal. Let’s say you want to hit, 4,000 lumens with the least amps drawn and use 6xXPL vs 4xXPL, the 6x will “win” and hit that goal with less amps needed compared with the 4x because emitters run more efficiently at the lower end of the amp range. Of course there are exceptions to this rule and you would need to chart the amps beforehand to make sure for different goals, but most of the time this will be the case.

Now if I simply wanted to make the highest lumen OTF light in a single 18650 I’d use about 12xSST-40 and make a mule out of it, with very heavy wires, no driver, springs or lens. It would be practically useless but fun none the less.

nice idea and usefull thoughts…but…which host you want use for 12 sst leds?it will be sure not edc size…and for one lion not very usefull…

Something like this. Heck this one if 14x and can be a single 18650 light if you want. Drop 14sst-40’s in there and it would be very bright, but as you said not very useful. I actually have a similar light to this that is a 4x using a single 18650, it’s got XPL’s in it right now. Certainly not EDC territory though. My 4x SST-40 is though, it’s in a 502B host, shaved down a bit with copper added under the optic.

what is the link?…nothing interesting or iam blind?

The link was supposed to go to a trustfire 12x. It’s the same light that used to be around for a long time with 3xT6, now they have a whole bunch of different reflectors for them. I doubt the new ones are worth much stock but they would be interesting for modding. The head on them isn’t much bigger than a C8 actually, just a little bigger with extra fins.

how about nitecore tm03

i dont see it now…africas connection is bad hah…but you mean the one more lions? will check it later…