Brinyte Group Buy Interest Poll (Updated with pricing November 10th 2015)

Can Gearbest not suggest
If 10 people buy, we can do this price
If 20 people buy, we can do this price etc etc?
Or do Brinyte use map?

I do not know the answer to these questions. I did speculate that, since Fasttech just started offering this light for $30, that it has to do with minimum quantities and profit margins. It is purchasable for $30 right now, which is a decent deal. I did not know when starting this thread or talking to Gear Best weeks ago about this, that Fasttech was or would be offering it. Like I said, I had yet to see a retail price for the light. And now we all have it. I’m just going to wager a guess that a lot more people are going to need to be interested in the light for any substantial discount over Fasttech. I will relay all this information to Gear Best, and see what they say.

Yes it can. I do show it in the video.

A well done entertaining and informative video. Seems like a decent light with an innovative approach to zooming. Can’t say offhand how much more I would pay over a cheap Sipik if it has an average aspheric. I wonder what an AHorton would add to it or if that would be a significant enough upgrade to be worthwhile. Subjective as heck but what can you do?

I didn’t have the data to watch the video but it’s impressive if it’s really ipx-8 in a zoomy

Yeah I can’t wait for a few other people, who like zoomies to try them out. I’m probably the worlds worst modder, if the driver doesn’t just drop right in I don’t like it. Some of the stuff I see people do here is absolutely amazing, and way beyond my skill level. I hope to see some mods of this light in the near future. Or if everyone else seems it’s truely worth a crap. I still own a Sipik 68- my first high powered light from years ago. It’s what got me started, although I don’t use it much anymore.

Another good review. Keep it up.

I’ve bought at least a couple dozen Uniquefire T20’s over the last year. I could easily see this light replacing the T20 as my mid price modded zoomie on offer. If I could get it as a host (no LED or driver) for $20 I’d buy 5 right now, and if they pass muster I’d probably buy at least 20-30 more over the next year. As the price goes up from $20 my expectations for continuously good build quality will be higher, and the gap between it and the T20 would have to be bigger as the price goes higher.

Unfortunately getting them with the LED and driver are a waste, so an increased cost because they don’t offer it as a host adds no value to the light for me.

Some proven facts that;

- Aspherical flashlight of same size will always out throw same size reflector flashlight(greater cd/lux performance in same size). Greater lux/cd performece can bring greater adjustable hotspot(which imho is the most important part of the beam)
- They are a lot stealthier. You can light between 2 object without anyone notice you.
- Pocket-able size
- Hotspot flood to throw versatile beam pattern
- Hotspot type of the beam. You see further in the night with this type of flashlights. How?

When you turn on reflector LED light, your night vision is killed by spill light that is reflecting from nearby objects & environment. Your pupil of the eye narrows and you see less. The brighter the environment is, the narrower is the pupil of the eye, so there’s a reduction in light that hits the fundus. Aspherical type of beam has sharp borders, so there is better contrast between illuminated area and dark area. The enhanced contrast lets you to perceive objects/persons/things better.

I’ll bring up the host idea- I had thought about it, although it took a bit of coaxing just for them to consider spare pills. I don’t know how much traction it will gain though. We’ll see how much the price lowers… like I have said I’ve seen the wholesale vendor prices, and I don’t know how realistic $20 is, with moderate interest. We’ll see how much Gear Best can get the price down. My gut is around $25ish, but I can’t say for sure as Gear Best is now negotiating with Brinyte. If you’re interested in a larger number of hosts, you could always PM me and I could give you my contact at Brinyte. That might sound appealing to them, because they seem to want to prefer to deal in bulk rather than act as a retailer.

Maybe it is just me.

But…

It seems like there are one or two promo questions about a specific model for yet anouther single cell 18650 900 ish lumens light and the distributors act as if I have a poster of the light in my room.

guess what for those of us who don’t sell the lights we don’t know every model number of every light ever made (nor do I think we want to).

To be clear this is not a rant against mhanlen, but my 02 cents says that the distributors have gone too far in trying to make news out of yet another, yawn… 18650 single cell 800-1100 lumen light.

rant end

It’s the whole model of planned obsolescence- I get it. God look at the amount of new lights Nitecore, Sunwayman, or Fenix release that have marginally better features. It’s just a zoomie- a high quality one, but a zoomie. The reason I agreed to the review is that it looked nice and I saw the interest for the Uf-14xx zoomies. I like the swappable pills, price point, waterproofness, and liked it for it’s modding potential- 3 things not commonly found in zooming lights. I get occasional emails via Youtube to review stuff. i have turned down more stuff than I have agreed to reviewing. I won’t knowingly review crap. Sometimes I do review crap. It’s not professional to turn out a review that calls an item a piece of crap. So I try to be clever about it, and give you enough objective detail, and jokes so you can make an informed decision of this light is or isn’t for you.

This absolutely isn’t crap. It’s a great host, but it’s just OK in stock form. Which is why I have $20 in parts being shipped to me for make it better.

But yes, I do agree with you. But it’s sort of how this hobby is. You’re always looking to up the candela and lumens. Improve a UI… Hell, there’s no reason why I’d need the Meteor at 7000 lumens. My Sky Ray King was more than enough at a little over 2000.

Oh, and by the way… I have heard a little bit from the manufacturer and Gear Best. I don’t know what Gear Best will be charging for the light yet… but Brinyte made it sound like that Gear Best isn’t going for the spare modules. Which is kind of disappointing. I’m waiting for Gear Best to contact me further… but I’ll keep this thread updated.

Ok folks, so this is the info- of this morning, direct from Gear Best. You can buy the light for $28 before any group buy… uhh… what’s the word… BS. It’s a few buck cheaper than Fasttech. As always I absolutely recommend tracking and insurance with any order from Gear Best- which may bring the price right back up to Fasttech’s price. As far as the group buy stuff, here is basically the info direct from Gear Best, and edited slightly for clarity but not much.

So if I get a few go aheads, from any of you guys/gals I’ll start a for realz group buy thread. Any interest at the prices above? Should I go pound sand? By the way, I ain’t getting any sort of kickback for this. I made sure to ask for a price for the spare modules/pills… so I’m waiting on that. I also asked how many units physically they have on hand right now (if any).

I’d be in for 5, and if I like the first 5 I’d buy 5 more immediately.

I don’t need multiples but I’d be in for 1

Ok if I get a few more go aheads I’ll start a GB thread and transfer over your info. Thanks for responding. If you’d like to borrow my light your more than welcome.

I'm in for one.

If you have an unmodified one, I’d buy it from you and that would answer the question about how many I’d commit to in a group buy. If anyplace is currently selling it perhaps I should just pick one up that route. Shipping it back and forth isn’t worth it on a $23 light.

As he noted above FastTech has it for ~ $30. About what the Customized A6’s are running but without any customizing. My .02 is it should be higher quality than the Manker’s to rate the price. Also, who will we turn to for the inevitable mistakes?

I think I would go for one of these at the kind of price we are talking now!

It was just an offer, considering the quantity you were buying. I am not looking to sell it, because I currently have $20 in parts on order for it. I figured we’d each pay shipping one way. But no worries.

I don’t know man. Buy from Fasttech, because they have a decent return policy? I’m super lucky, because as far as I can tell both my A6 and this were pretty fine. But comparing it to the A6 is completely different. Not only was the A6 a custom order, it was thrown to a new manufacturer late in the development, because Eagle Eye (insert reason). Then there were what 500-1000 units built in a short amount of time… many with different tints… Trying to full-fill a ton of orders. There were bound to be problems. We’re looking for maybe 20-50 units… of a production model light from an OEM. This would be like ordering 50 Nitecore lights. I’m not exactly sure how this is an A6 situation? It’s not a custom built light, so I don’t know if expecting A6 problems would really translate.

Do you have any experience with Brinyte lights? How were your units? This is my first, and it’s fine. Plus let’s call this a host basically because I think most may swap out parts. But the lights can get around $23-$25, which is pretty decent. But again, this is more of a heads up… it was a nice light, I reviewed it. I’m Getting nothing from Brinyte or Gear Best, other than a single light to begin with. I saw the interest in the other zoomies, so I thought this might be cool, because it’s a similar style. I mean I’m not saying I won’t put an affiliate link on my blog at a later date, but I’m getting nothing from this group buy here on BLF.

Anyone is free to order this light from whereever, and confirm or deny it’s a good light. But so far no one else has one on the way I’m aware of.

Anyway, I’ll create a group buy thread today or tomorrow. So we can get some numbers going and see, what the price will be.

Sort of interested in one and perhaps red/green module/modules depending on what kind of LED’s they put into them.