BTU lens swap - good results

Good job 18sixfifty! I already spent my $50 credit on a Xiaozhi as well, plus some other light (I forget) and some XP-G2s.

Thanks I’m looking forward to getting them both. Any idea how long their shipping usually takes?

The BTU ships FedEx, so if it all packs together, you’ll get it in 3-5 days.
I got a $10 handling charge from FedEx a few days later. They say it’s the fee for putting the package through customs for you. That’s not bad compared to other couriers which can charge insane brokerage fees.

I am not about to pay a fee for anything I didn’t agree to. They tried to do this to me in the past and I told them to stuff it. There is no contract when I haven’t agreed to it. I will pay the duty fees if they can prove they actually paid them for me. But that is it. They actually made me fill out a bunch of BS and send it to Homeland Security once.

I really can’t stand FedEx I would have had them send it some other way if I knew. I would rather not spend an extra 10% and save myself the hassle.

I guess I can contact FF and see if it’s not too late to have them ship it some other way.

Thanks for letting me know.

Well, RIC being the stand up guy that he is. Changed my shipping for me and is giving me a free DRY driver to go with my BTU as well.

Now what kind of evil things can I get up to with a DRY driver? >)

Could I put that in a TR-3T6?

I would sure as hell try. It would level the playing field between it and the SRK or DRY, that’s for sure.

Got myself a light meter from fasttech :)

My btu shows 126000-128000 Lux just simply aiming the light from 1 meters(130000 without lens)))

did the same to my jetbeam bc40 and it showed 29000 lux so meters seems ok

Update: Bought the 96mm UCLp AR lens at flashlightlens.com and it is a perfect fit. Alas, I don’t have a lux meter to measure the difference, if any, but if anyone who has both a BTU Shocker and a light meter is willing to risk about 10 bucks I recommend this swap highly!

Although a bit more spendy…

USPS First Class Mail International - $7.50 !!! . Total becomes $16.75 for a thing piece of plastic glass from across the border

Nice tip, I’ll give it a shot, just ordered