Budget manual flipper knives that "quick open"

I received a Land 9103 today from Gearbest.

The knife seems very nice, but it doesn't have a flipper.

I should have figured that out before I ordered it.

Eventually I'll put it up for sale on BLF.

They’re just called flippers.

Stay away from the cheap clones and mystery brands with washers. anything on bearings will flip really well but the steel on most clones/cheap nonames is crap

Sanrenmu/Ruike (same factory) and Ganzo are good cheap brands.

Ruike P121-B Hussar is one of my favorite flippers, it’s on bearings and opens like it should on bearings but when closing it feels like it’s on washers (so it’s not a guillotine, which i like) it’s the only knife i have not taken apart because it came tuned and lubed perfectly from the factory.

As for the “fast open”, you can do the same with a “thumb stud” like the Land 9103 and a “spydiehole” but it takes a little practice. i actually don’t like opening thumb studs and spydiehole knives the “normal” way, “flicking” them feels more secure.

Well if a knife doesn't have a flipper, I wouldn't call it a flipper.

But that's just me.

EDIT:

I did some research, and it's not just me.

That's the definition of a flipper knife.

Some people in this thread don't know what a flipper knife is as they have recommended knives without flippers.

They're probably not doing it on purpose, but from now on, this thread is about knives with flippers only please.

Soooo.

A FLIPPER. For the ones NOT sure.

Has. Buttons on side of blade.

little round disc on top of blade.

Spydy type larger hole in raised sect on top of blade.

Or the extended lever of differing heights on top of, at rear end of blade.

Any others come into it?.

Oh. Does that mean Bearings only or bearings and bushes.

This illustrates what a flipper is:

A spydie-type hole is not a flipper.

A thumbstud is not a flipper.

I don't know about bearings and bushings.

/\ …. Exactly…. :+1:

I’d like to have it when you do RC. :slight_smile: . Let me know please. :+1:

That’s why I asked.
As we Physically, “flip”. The blades open with inside edge of thumb.
with both the Spidy and the side studs on blade?.

I do anyway.
Or is that called something else?.
I’m a dumb old B. that needs edificating sometimes.

Just because you can flip a knife open doesn't make the knife a flipper.

The knife has to have a flipper to be a flipper.

I know, it's quite confusing.

A true “flipper” has a flipper tab & usually no thumb stud or hole.

A thumb open knife has a thumb stud or hole of some shape and usually no flipper tab. Call it whatever you like when you use your thumb… but if it is opened by thumb action it is not a flipper.

Personally, I have seen a couple of truly cheapo knives that have both thumb stud & flipper. IMO, they are not worth mentioning; they are total junk.

:slight_smile:

I'll send you a PM when I create the thread, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.

Also, in the thread there will be a minimum order size, so you'd have to order more than one relatively inexpensive knife.

/\ … TY …. :+1: … As long as there is something that is not assisted opening that works for me.

There will be a good number of manual openers, but you might need to buy a handful.

Ok…. We’ll just see what’s available when the time comes. :+1:
TY . :beer:

Hey guys, relax....there's only one true "Flipper", right? :-D

Hmmmmm…. True, seems you nailed it!! . :smiley:

Talkin' about "non-flippers"...

Teacher have you also received another shipping notification from Gearbest? They resent my LAND 9103 with Swiss e-packet. So, maybe they found a way to resend yours, too? Surely, they won't be using Swiss e-packet to ship something to the U.S., though. :-D

I have been communicating with GB & they know the package was returned. They are seeking a solution.
I did not contact them as soon as you did so hopefully in a day or two it will get resent.

They (GB) have been very helpful & pleasant so far. Stuff happens…. but it is beyond me why it was returned in the first place.
Hopefully mine will have a happy ending like yours. :wink:

UPDATE:
Evidently while typing the post above I got an email from GearBest saying my Land 9103’s have been resent!! :+1:

As it has always been for me…. Nothing but GOOD to say about GearBest Customer Service!! :+1:

Glad to hear it all worked out for you, too @teacher! :+1: Roll tide! :slight_smile: