Budget version of an S-Mini?

I've only ordered once from CNQ, and the item took about a month to get here. I'm going through the same thing with KD right now, ordered on Aug2 and my KC C8 is still not here on Aug 29th. That's too long for me, the whole da* n flashlight market and products changes by the time the order gets here. I think from now on 14 days from MF is my limit...

Looks like I missed the DD gb too. I wanted a 2100 darn it! Was just waiting for the drama to end first...oh well.

Yeah....KD took 10 days to ship out my 32600 5AH. Just shipped out yesterday. HK -> CONUS is always like playing roulette, sometimes you get them in 5-7 days, sometimes 1 month. This happens even with fast shippers like HKE/MF. Heck 1 of my packages from bestinone took 27 days, and it was on the plane pretty fast as tracked (left China 5 days after dropping it off). One MF unregistered package took 45 days and i actually already wrote that off and suddenly it showed up in the mailbox. Remember it is HKG->SIN here, ~2000km away only....shorter than CONUS East to West coast!

The good thing is that Ric's DHL charges are not that high, sometimes only like a few bucks above registered air mail for multiple items. ($19 for registered air mail, $23.50 or 26.50 for DHL) That is why i normally get multiple items from him. The fastest was below 24hrs, shipment picked up 1730, was processed and waiting for the plane at 2300hrs, left HKG at 0330h via Hong Kong Air arrived at 0730h, at delivery base at 1030h and i got the package at 1300h. DHL ties up with HK Air, but the last DHL package went onboard a UPS plane in the afternoon....strange.

I purchased some cheap stuff from DX on 1st Aug and another package with cheap stuff on 3rd Aug. Both shipped around the same time 4 days later, the 1st Aug shipped first. One reached me 7 days later (surprise!) and another just reached me like last Friday. Both unregistered pkgs. Bleah...

XTAR 2600s reach me very fast via unregistered, 3X already...within 7 days. (Serena of szwholesale/XTAR HK does a good job!) So it is also russian roulette here.

it would be very cool if a P60 pill would screw in, but what makes you think it might? thanks.

I really dig my neutral XPG S-Mini. It has the perfect general use beam and the reverse clicky is the best I have felt. I would use it even more if it had a lower low for night time walking around the house.

For me, it's a little long to EDC in the front pocket, but it will be great in a coat pocket this winter.

How about this one? Its not an xml light, but the build quality seems to be good for what they are asking for it. You can always use a cr123 dummy with a cr123 cell to make up the 18650 space inside a flashlight.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/sky-ray-g5-cree-xpe-r5-350lumen-5mode-memory-led-flashlight-18650-p-6378

Another one that looks promising. It is interesting that no one has tried to do a good clone of the S-mini. It is such a simple design, it can't require nearly as much tooling as most of the other clones.

What about N-Light L2? Want one myself. Still waiting stock availability :~

Looks similar, but i'm done with XR-E emitters except in the smallest of lights.

I think for Christmas this year I am going to end up gifting about 8 or 9 S-minis, along with a couple of Cr123's each. It's the perfect glovebox light and a pretty nice nightstand light as well. I was playing with it in my back yard, and it is great out to about 100 feet. After that you need a reflector that is at least p60 sized.

For gifting, I feel the ITP lights on sale at lightake are the way to go. Proper current regulation, nice ui, high build quality, etc. The E50 I got works very well on 2 cr123, and I believe the have the "C" (more compact) version of this, too.

I know its off topic, but is lightake shipping these ITP A3 EOS not with the XP-G emitter? The descriptions still say xp-e.

I don't know, but the xp-e is better in the A3 for EDC.

Hi there, Agenthex. Have you tried 18650 TF black with E50? Really like that light, but I only have 14500 and 18650 and, ATM, don't want more types of li-ion :bigsmile:

Yup, they sell R5 as XP-E.

The e50 and C's only working with 16mm batteries, but it works really efficiently (long runtimes) with CR123a's, which is what I have in it.