C8: best and brightest

Did it come in yet?

Yes, the lights came in. The 10*7135 if that is in fact what they sent me are NOT as bright as my convoy C8 7135*8 nor my KD 7135*8 with the same XP-L emitters which are both about 10% cheaper.
I have been ripped off by AlieExpress on two separate orders now from two stores they promote. There will never be a 3Rd time, EVER. What’s more is their buyer protection is a JOKE.
On two orders I have shown clear EVIDENCE my orders were falsely advertised and both times they find in the sellers behalf and don’t even acknowledge the evidence.

Found this 7135 Nanjing type driver1 piece 7135*12 1-Mode 4200mA 17mm Driver flashlight Circuit Board 4.2A MCU For CREE 10W XML L2 T6 U2 U3 V2 LED
http://s.aliexpress.com/iuQraMNV
(from AliExpress Android)
Thayer also have the 3.5 amp 5mode version and they sell c8s as well

Your right aliexpress customer service is a smokescreen .I bought a zero tolerance clone and it was terrible I wrote and submitted my review it wasn’t posted so when I contacted vespa high knives rep Mary Chen she said she would review my review before she would post it and it was never posted so I filed 3 separate co.plaints to review so all they did was change the price and product description,and when o found my review she edited to a 5 star from the 3 star I gave it

You should just get one modded you have a few hosts. Should cost around 15-20$ most here will do it for parts and shipping costs. A xml2 u4 will push 1700-1800 lumens direct driven with ar glass, the new xpl w2 2b emitters push over 2000 lumens in a c8 with ar glass. If you like the hi emitters you have just need a new driver and spring bypasses and should be getting around 5 amps roughly to the emitter.

Where can I get the new ’plw2b emitters?

I believe cutter had them if you ask dbcustom he can tell you where he got them. I think he is getting 1d version now from aliexpress He built a old pill style c8 with one. Using Ryan’s copper pill and got 2024lumens with a ar glass I believe. And with a old fet one of the first versions I believe he said in the thread. So might be higher with a better one It’s in one of the threads about the new xpl2 emitter. I think Texas ace got 1800 in a s2+ on the s2 regular he got over 2k lumens with a xpl2. It seems like the w2 are like what a xml2 u4 would be the highest binning of the xpl2 for now. But all of them seriously kick ass. I’d like to see one of these in a boss or a courui d01. I hope someone slices a dome soon and see the results it seems like cutter, kaidomain, arrow, aliexpress seem to have the xpl2 emitters.

Well i think Tome put one in my manker u21 aling with a newer dd fet and iam using nikoltota 26650 high drains and I get over 1000eters but iam building a c8 and c12bshich have pure copper pills I just don’t know where to get the new emitters I’ll look utter up thanks

Hello
I want to buy one
C8 CREE XP-L HI V3
5MODE12x7135
How to tell if you are really says
salesman

How many modes?I can direct you wjere i jave bought nanjings tyle 4.2 amp 12 cjip drivers

5 mode

1 piece 7135*12 1-Mode 4200mA 17mm Driver flashlight Circuit Board 4.2A MCU For CREE 10W XML L2 T6 U2 U3 V2 LED
http://s.aliexpress.com/iuQraMNV
(from AliExpress Android)

φακος

I bought him
he is good
what do you say.
C8 CREE XP-L HI V3
5MODE12x7135

Give a try, or maybe a member out your way could build you a c8 the way you want. Most fet driver c8s deliver around 5 amps sometimes 6 depending on the led. I use to think it was complicated. Its literally unscrewing one retaining ring. Unsoldering 2 wires driver comes out insert the new driver and run two wires through the hole solder two wires back screw retaining ring back in and your done light is built

i just put one of those exact drivers from that seller in my HS 802 , its pulls 3.65 amps from a Soshine 3400 , and 4.2 amps with a HG2 battery ! And the hotspot now is visable inside the hotspot of the P30 (wall test ) so i think iv got a few more candella for distance than the P30 Nitecore ! Will test outside at the farm tonight
the HS 802 was supposedly an XM l2 U2, anyway the dome fell off when i had the pill a bit hot , (dont ask ), and the BIN seems about 5000 range which is even better for the real time use at night !
So to get a 5000 Bin with what looks like more candella than the V3 of the P30 will be an added BONUS
the HS-802 hotspot is about 20% smaller diameter than the P30 hotspot

note i hav BIG smile

dave

ps. Next i will put a FET+1 driver into the HS-802 , i would like to see it pulling 5 amps ish

Nowimg what i know now after a couple of months buying a few lights and reading a lot on this forum

I would advise newbies just to get a modded C8 from a modder with an xp-G2 dd and a Fet+1 driver and a few good battery`s

Cheers

Ok ,just been out in the dark night for a showdown and i cannot pic a clear winner for distance testing approx400 mtrs but i think the HS 802 may just pip the P30
the P30 is a lot cooler white and a bit wider beam
i think later in the night as the moisture creeps in the warmer tint on the HS-802 will keep it more usable for longer

cheers

I would be interested in sending Convoy C8 or ultrafire C8 hosts to someone to get modded to 3 mode 12*7135 xp-L. where to turn for this?

I could do this, but the 7135 get hot and toggle, its better to use a FET for higher currents than 2.8A
I am doing atm a batch of TA drivers