Can we get the forum secured?

Oh, and things like OpenDNS would (in theory) be able to bypass “filtered” lookups, too.

Urg… I just poked through that, saw its “safety” features and “threat protection” and all that nice-sounding rot (which just sounds like more filtering), so maybe skip that.

There are other unfiltered dns servers which’ll let you get all the prøn and illegal movies/music and everything your heart desires, filter-free. The raw, Wild West, unfiltered innernet the way God intended.

From an old fart.
I don’t know all that much about this. BUT. Surely…. YOU are responsible for everything that comes into your modem from the net.
Surely it’s up to YOU to protect your Modem/computers. not anybody else.

IF you are dumb enough to use the same Password etc on BLF etc. as you do on home/banking stuff.
Well. You deserve ALL you lose.
It’s PUBLIC Domain. Cover your arse at your end and let the public side do it’s own thing.
I’ve used Bitdefender for over 10 yrs now. and had 100% cover for everything including a VPN thing for my movies etc.
My Bank use it, manager put me onto it. Minimal costs,
and problems?. Ring them, they fix.
Full 100% coverage.
Just the same as my banking etc. I have a DEBIT card only (Don’t use credit anything).
Linked to a strange bank, with NO affiliation to the banks I have anything in.
I just transfer cash from one of mine to it as needed…
Plus. the 3 or 4 days it takes to clear. Gives me chance to make sure. Mentally. That I REALLY DO want whatever item I’m buying. Quite often I don’t.

Sounds quite interesting. How it actually works in many aspects is a mystery to me. What if I may not have anything I am willing to be searched publicly :-D in my computer? I understand the need for p2p hosts' search indexing/processing power, though.

Where are the Android versions of YaCy software? :-D

:-)

Yep, you can definitely do that. You can even use it as an intranet (LAN) search engine. Or, you can use it to generate a search index of public websites but only allow yourself access to that index. At the same time, you can add in other people’s larger, more comprehensive indexes.

I think the idea would be to run YaCy on a spare computer or Raspberry Pi or something of that nature, and you would just access it frm your Android by the local IP address on your LAN.

Yacy … Interesting …

Yeah , Raspberry Pi , running a virtual OS ( Linux ) …
Put it into your local network .

Wonder if you can Raspberry Pi a virtual server (?) , will have to research that .