*CANCELLED* - [REQUEST] 4 European members to pass-around experience: Wuben TO50R

Within EU is not the issue (for receivers, maybe for senders only), but Europe is not only EU and members from those countries might enter as well.
As I said above, I will send message to Wuben and see if they want to keep this idea, adding or not some benefits or if they want to cancel it…

That’s noted down, I will see what can be changed!

Maybe this thread becomes an example for future initiatives, after all.

BTW, has anyone here been in a pass-around experience before? Just as curiosity!!

No, but i like the idea!
It adds value to the BLF spirit!

Indeed! Just need to make it budget and gratifying to enter the spirit :wink:

PM sent to Wuben exposing the points addressed here and looking for some hints on what can be done to eventually overcome this and implement the pass-around!
Will post more when I have a reply!
Meanwhile I will finish a review from a light I bought and for which I took around 140 photos :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :beer:

I never heard of any such thing.

Maybe things like car reviews. Obviously you don’t get to keep the car, but at least drive it around for a week or two (ie, gain benefit from it), and in every case I can think of, get paid to review it (as in, it’s the reviewer’s job).

Now if anyone wants me to review a cute cheerleader or something…

They’re around, as I linked and mentioned before, but it doesn’t seem to be very popular, though! Maybe to the complexity of implementation and all the aspects already mentioned here… :zipper_mouth_face:

Will you bring the light to the cheerleader? :smiling_imp:

In TLF pass arounds are quite common, so I’ve heard.

Maybe we can have a pass a round with this cute cheerleader :smiley:

Probably most of the members there are mostly from the same country (Germany) or the around countries (maybe people from Austria, Switzerland and eventually Netherlands are there too?) makes it easier! Language, shipping and all that stuff surely makes it easier to the pass-around experience.
I believe that being more “multinational” brings some more complications to doing that thing here on BLF :weary:

Who’ll pay for shipping? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think that would be a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Well am happy to give it ago if still needing folks…

Are you talking about entering the pass around experience?
If so you’d be the first one to volunteer for this.

Right now, and due to the questions placed above, I am waiting for an answer from Wuben.
As soon as I got it I will post it. In case this experience advances, your name will be on the list if you still want to participate :wink:

BUT, if you are talking about the cheerleader that Lightbringer mentioned, that’s another story…

Anyway, thanks for stepping in!! :+1:

yes the pass around…

Cheerleader could be very dangerous lol

Potentially life-threatening :wink:

Thank you! I’ll keep thread updated about the situation!

In some cases they even can cause danger to your health when they hack your firmware. :student:

Hi Mascara, I’m wondering why Wuben still needs the review? Didn’t Maukka already did that already?
In all honesty, after hearing all of this, Wuben looks cheap and complicated to me.

[Clemence]

I cannot answer clearly to that Clemence! I believe that maybe it was because of the projection of the light? Maybe it wasn’t as much divulged as it could!
About maukka’s information, it is diluted within the 2 threads that I mentioned above. At least here in BLF there is no review thread that I could find!
BLF: Search results for '' - BudgetLightForum.com
Even on YT there are not many results: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wuben+to50r+review

Maybe that is the reason why they want to give a new try to this light, I don’t know!

Quick Update:
As I mentioned, I sent PM to Wuben and got a reply from Jelina (last Friday)! The conditions she/Wuben proposed didn’t seem the best considering what is being discussed here about the already proposed conditions.
So I replied back (last Friday), being completely honest that the situation wouldn’t improve with those suggestions. I am now waiting for some more info and will post as soon as I get it!

As some of you were talking about passaround reviews before...

On TLF passaround reviews are quite common, especially with high cost flashlights like Acebeam W30, K75 or Imalent MS18 to name some examples.

It usually works like this:

• Typically a German distributor (e.g. Stewitsch/Gatzetec) provides a flashlight free of charge to the TLF to be passed around.
  • The given flashlight is usually property of one of the moderators already or at least is meant to become the property of one of the moderators after the passaround.
  • Members with a certain membership term or a certain count of "thank you" points are eligible to join the passaround.
  • Every participant has 2-3 days to evaluate and test the flashlight. Afterwards it has to be forwarded to the next participant.
  • Costs for shipping are sometimes refunded by the passaround organizer.
  • Every participant is at least encouraged to report about the impressions (full review, plain text or pictures, video, ...).

While this enables the maufacturer/retailer to gain a lot of concentrated feedback it somehow feels (at least to myself) a bit like a raw deal to those many reviewers who did all the work. Eventually, they gained nothing in return except for a short glance onto the flashlight for a minor investment in shipping costs. Some retailers like Stewitsch have at least dealt with this situation by providing an extra discount for all participants who like to buy the flashlight afterwards. Still, after asking for single reviews I get the impression that single reviews are subject to diminish in return for (more effective and less costy) passaround reviews. :-(

- Paid single one on one review is better for both parties but can be somewhat questionably. Truly depends on reviewer’s reputation and honesty.

- Unpaid review is the most honest but randomly happens. Could benefit more for the customer and the community than the manufacturer. Either boom or doom the sales.

• Gangbang pass around review is somewhere in between and not really benefit both.

[Clemence]

Thank for this information Lux-Perpetua! Some points seem similar to the original ideia in this one, while some others are not.
It seems that in those experiences the brands/sellers still “got” more than the reviewers, even with the discounts :zipper_mouth_face:

Unless a significant “prize” is given it will always seem that people is working for “nothing”, or at least nothing that can be “owned”.

I can see clearer now that will be difficult to implement these experiences in this community, due to the costs/time involved, due to the international nature of the forum, due to the perception of the “hobby”, due to our “budget” nature.

Eheh, your description of how this pass-around could be seen made me laugh! :smiley:

Ultimately, if the experience (not the flashlight) didn’t work well or smoothly, it might influence how the review would be done, I believe. Neither us nor the brands would benefit from it!

Let’s see how this will “end”!