Can't decide. UF-H2 or UF-H3?

I have 2 of each I haven't done a run time test because they run so damn long. I had one serious problem one of my UF-H2s it only works on 14500s. They both worked with Duraloops when I got them, but I wanted the increased brightness of the 14500. When I switched back to a Duraloop one won't work with a Duraloop anymore. I have not heard of this problem with this light before so hopefully it's a fluke because they both are great lights.

Don't have an H2 but I got my H3 from DD last week. As mentioned, this thing is all flood so at first you think there is something wrong with it because since there is no beam pattern whatsoever, and no hotspot whatsoever, it kind of seems dim.But really it just lights everything up nicely, like an overhead light would in your house. I popped a freshly charged TF flame 18650 and used it on and off all weekend on high, not sure how much actual runtime, but when I checked the voltage on the battery it was still at 4.1v. Pretty impressive.

I almost got the H2 but the parasitic drain of the H2 and the run-time of the H3 lead me to get the H3. I already have a decent flood to throw 1 x AA headlamp that I can use in the case that I for some reason can't recharge my 18650s.

Well, I want all flood from a headlamp anyway. The UF-H3 sounds ideal! Gonna have to put it on my wishlist.

-Garry

Yeah thats what I mean, its a bit surprising because there is no hotspot at all, not rings, nothing. It different than what I want in a flashlight, but in a headlamp its a good thing.

My wife was reading some very small print this morning and couldn't see very well. She pulled out her iTP A3 E0S and was reading holding that light. I gave her my UF-H3. She was so impressed with how it lit up the page without a hot spot that she asked me to order one for her.

Thats funny, my wife used my H3 for some reading last night. The only thing she complained about was that the rubber straps on the headband were uncomfortable.

I saw this over at CPF. It's some interesting ways to attach your UF-H2, UF-H3, or Zebralight H51.