Cheap 26650 flashlight defective

I just noticed the same thing on one of my brothers 26650 flashlights. I was going to drop a BLF A6 and a XP-L HI V3 on 20mm Noctigon star until I noticed this oversight. Now I guess I need to add some metal heat sinking to the back of the star if I plan to use this BLF A6 driver? Right? My Google searching for a heat dissipation base, or for maybe an adapter to adapt a 16mm star to this 20mm hole insert (just for the extra metal behind the star) has not been so great. I can find sinks all day long but they are all bigger in size and I want something around maybe 16mm (the hollow hole looks to be about 17mm). So, maybe I need to ask someone to machine me something to fit the hole? Is there anyone here at BLF that can do that service? The hollow area is deep maybe 23-25mm or about (I need to keep room for the driver though). If I could machine an exact piece of metal, maybe say a round 17mm x 20mm and include two drilled lead holes I could reasonably add plenty of heat dissipation I would think. And if it just barely fits then I could solder it in for even more dissipation.

This cheap host looked decent enough for modding before I opened it. I have modded flashlights before but I never seen one that is hollow behind the LED. Image below. What to do now?

https://i.imgur.com/I117CRTl.jpg

P.S. sorry to hijack the thread, but I posted here because my title was going to be near identical, lol. Cheap 26650 flashlight needs a serious mod, BUT. ;)