Cheapest XP-G R4 Neutral tint flashlight or drop-in around? Pls recommend

If you want links check CPF for all the complaints of flicker from the "3V-18V" LC-XPG Solarforce drop-in (which I also have).

I would check out the yellow P60 drop-ins from Manafont instead.

If you already knew it since post #16, why not say so? Your post #16 left more questions than answers. How should I have known, that you have similar dropins and that there are multiple complaints on CPF? Thanks anyway for the warning.

Read this: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/1255?page=1#comment-41902

I still thinking on buying one from BOB (don't remember who informed us about the offer, thx ;) ). Already emailed them asking NW stock. A very good light for the buck IMO. If not, ask Brian @ SB. That SB mini NW R4 is a very good option also. And you'll have Brian's warranty ;)

No problem on the 2-cell requirement if 1 cell voltage does not work out. I have the Solarforce body extender for 2 x 18650, or i could use my RCR123As.

I know old thread but just wanted to clarify that the SF P4 yellow works pretty well on a 18650. I have it in a sand L2 with mystery 3-stage tailcap and it's perfect.

Did anyone ever get the 3mode manafont warm? http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/warmyellowish-tint-3mode-memory-light-led-dropin-module-p-5518

I'm trying to get a moded non-WC dropin and supposed the dx 5 mode is very warm instead of neutral.

Agenthex, no issue with the Solarforce P4 warm white works with 1-cell 18650 @ 4.2V. There is no additional brightness to be achieved with 2-cells @ 8.4V. (unlike the Masterpiece Pro - 1, which is detectable with a camera)

Agenthex and Vectrex, the DX netural white drop in got 203 and 174 (lux) respectively on 2 x 16340 and 1 x 18650 respectively. 16% difference. I was measuring the spill. Light was on a laser-holder based tripod, I even took the trouble to use a Nd magnet to suck out the battery so as not to disturb the tripod orientation so as to get max repeatability....so pretty accurate. I kept the measurement times low so as not to mar the readings due to heat (the spill only drops 1 lux per 2 seconds). Mine is 1 mode.