check your old KEEPPOWER batteries for false labeling

thanks. im in London , where can I get them if im here?.
got a dealer?.

thanks.

We are still dealing with KeepPower and will continue to do so unless given a reason not to. If there's enough interest in a group buy I'd be perfectly willing to host one. We've hosted different kinds of group buys on other forums but haven't been approached to do one here.

I wrote a short paragraph email to another customer but here's the gist of it:

We verify the legitimacy of batteries with our own testing equipment and have found no signs of shady dealings or wrongly labeled batteries. Again I'll repeat myself, the vendors themselves know exactly what cells are in the 14500 and 18500 batteries they order since those vendors MUST specify DLG/Sanyo/etc to KeepPower. The fact that those particular vendors have left out information on the internal cell of those batteries either on purpose or on accident in their listings is of no ones fault but their own. While it may be true that KeepPower is at fault for mislabeling the "made in" portion sticker on the batteries, I believe it is the fault of either dishonest or ignorant vendors for not disclosing exactly what they are selling. They may not have done the research themselves or understand the product they are selling. Rest assured we will continue testing and verifying our batteries and bring you only products that have passed our set of requirements. While I understand why KP is under fire, I don't understand why the vendors with vague listings aren't at least partially in trouble or even more so.

We've been dealing with batteries for years before we even started selling them and have seen hundreds of unwrapped, recycled, re-wrapped batteries, refer to the following threads for our experience, the Battery Pack Disassembly Tutorial was written by Craig himself.

http://thebrightsideforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=327

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?246699-Tutorial-Laptop-Battery-Pack-18650-Extraction

For your particular question on the 2600 cells I photographed and took apart the KP Samsung 2600, and a bare Samsung 2600. You will not find another wrapper under the KP Samsung 2600 because we asked them to remove all wrappers to reduce fitment problems that people have reported. Labeling on the bare metal of the battery is consistent with Samsung's labeling method. If you have further questions feel free to PM me. The link to the album is here: http://imgur.com/a/1di0G or you can check below:

KP Samsung ICR18650-26F 2600mAh Protected Battery and Bare Samsung ICR18650-26F 2600mAh

Taking off the wrapper of the KP Samsung 26F, no wrapper underneath because we told them to not include it to reduce width of the cell and possible fitment problems.

Outer wrapping removed, welded button top and protection on bottom

Bare Samsung 26F cell

Peeling

Side by side Bare Samsung 26F on the left, KP Samsung 26F on the right

@zebrastripes: Which cells? Enerpower? Those are on ebay, amazon or directly from the manufacturer: http://store.enerdan.de/

@Calvin: Is the button top welded directly on those cells?

I totally understand that you try to defend Keeppower and I'm sure they appreciate your effort, but blaming the dealers only doesnt seem fair to me either. Maybe you were asked to specify which cells you want and got the correct ones, but how can you be sure they deal the same with other dealers? Keeppower has done wrong and they have to try to gain some trust again.

Spot welded on.

Has any dealer actually said that KeepPower lied to them? So far no seller or website has stepped forward saying KeepPower sold them cells that weren't what was promised. If anything I believe dealers ordered Chinese cells but received ones LABELED as Japanese. KeepPower has been in business for over 5 years and OEM for many reputable brands, no one has ever stepped forward saying they were sold anything but what they ordered. What advantage would KeepPower have in faking cells, especially in such a specialized market? Would they really think that the niche consumer would not be able to test and verify their own cells? I also never said KeepPower was free from blame. So far I see them as making a mistake applying a label, rather than faking the internals which is a much more serious accusation which people are throwing. The two issues sound very similar but the intent behind them is VERY different.

Don’t forget. There are trustfire 500 mAh cells. :slight_smile: :wink:

This probably explains why one of the cells I got from Kumabear was no good. I don’t think the other KeepPower batteries I got are near the batteries as my Panasonics I got from FastTech.

And this reply demonstrates customer service beyond that of the majority of your competitors.
This is why we return, you openly answer and physically demonstrate :slight_smile:

I hope for your sake, KP decide to do an introductory offer/group buy to atone for their misgivings and choose to conduct it through you, as there will be at least one level of filtering to ensure we get what’s been promised to us :slight_smile:
Keep it up Calvin.

What does M and SDIEM mean?

What I didn't know before,there are different ranks for samsung cells.For example:

What's the difference between rank A and B and how to know which rank we get?

Wait- you mean different words mean different things, and also arranging them in different orders can change the meaning too?? Wow, I bet if you weren't good at readin', you'd frequently get stuff wrong and get angry about things that didn't actually happen.

I’m not sure, but my guess that’s stand for Samsung SDI Energy Malaysia (SDIEM).

So, did anyone’s cells explode, melt, shut off then come on repeatedly, etc.???

Didn’t think so.

If I understand this correctly, some of you HATE Keeppower and think what they May or May Not have done is an atrocity towards All Mankind and should be burned a the stake, BUT……………if they offer a stupid cheap group buy, all will be well?
Some morality there people.
If you really feel so strongly about this situation, just Never buy from them again, there, done, problem solved.
There are plenty of battery suppliers out there.

My 14500’s from Keeppower seem to run fine and I have absolutely No intention of peeling back the wrapper to see wtf kind of cell is in it.
It works properly and that is really all that matters. If it is a junk cell, you would have known it from the beginning, to think you need to peel wraps on cells that are running fine “Just to be Sure” is incredulous.

So a couple unscrupulous dealers pulled a fast one, your greed let you believe you were “putting one to the man” by buying it under current market value, and when you got what you paid for in the end, now you want to use some twisted leverage to make a big production out of some flippy/floppy labeling.
Big deal, another day at the office with anything overseas made.

Next!
My life is tfs to get caught up over situations like this.
As usual, your level of Drama Release may vary from mine, no hate here.
Later,

Keith

What size cell are you talking about here?

@Muto: Wanna buy a BWM M3? You pay for the M3, I'll give you the regular 3 model. Are you fine with that? Didnt think so.

Nothing exploded, noone died, so everything is fine. Wtf is wrong with you?

Oh and btw, its not the case that people bought really cheap cells hoping for the better ones, they just bought what was available believing they get what the cell says: Cell and IC made in Japan. They didnt, thats why they (and me) complain.

If some people change their mind through a group buy with correctly labelled cells (and if the labelling will be correct from now on), well, why not.

Let’s be real here, your comparison is a roughly $6 battery to a roughly $60,000 car?

Yeah, that seems fair.
The fake wrapper on the BMW would have to be pretty big though:“)

Whatever, you made me laugh, so that’s good!
I really don’t care to debate it any further, it is what it is, I hope you get your Group Buy.
It’s all good.
Thanks and Happy New year,
Keith

Oh, so if one costs 50.000 and the other one 60.000 its not ok, but if the difference is the same percentage just with lower numbers, everything is fine? Do you know what "principle" means? ;)

People didnt get what they paid for. You cant sell "a little bit" of a wrong thing, its either right or wrong and in this case: its wrong.

I dont care about a group buy, I wont buy Keeppower again anyways, but I surely understand people that think different.

And I think its really weird to defend such a behaviour, just because every chinese company does it, doesnt mean it is right. Its actually really wrong and a company that doesnt lie would be rare, special and loaded with money. ;)

Uhgggg… I was afraid you’d say that. Now I’m certainly going to have to do some testing with the 2 I have.

Yup, it refers to the Malaysian division of Samsung SDI. There is no indication of the "Rank" correlating to battery quality.

Mine says cell and IC made in Japan, but has blue cell under wrapper.