Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

There is a shop in Germany (EU) which sells this flashligts:
https://haikelite.de/ or MSITC | plentyShop LTS

But I dont think this shop would mod the flashlights ,especially if they were bought on different shops or directly from the manufactory/Haikelite-China.
This shop is the official dealer in germany for other brands too.

The first flashlights with false driver mentioned here were bought there. And thats the shop which now sells the MT09R 35 for a lower price with 3800 Lumen.

Received my MT09R 35 HI today, charged the Sony batteries, and went out briefly to compare it with my SupBeam (predecessor to AceBeam) X60. Not the current model of the X60, but the older, 5000 lm model.

• The HaikeLite’s “NW” is actually COOLER than my SupBeam X60’s CW. Definitely not 5000 K. Very disappointing. Maybe I was sent a CW, but my order confirmation says NW.
  • As everyone says, it heats up very quickly on Turbo. Within 15 seconds or so, you can feel it warming up rapidly. This is very unlike the X60, which never gets hot, at least in my neck of the woods.
  • If you hold the light by the barrel only, the light is quite head-heavy. To counteract that, you’d hold the light near the pushbutton; some of your fingers would wrap around the first set of cooling fins at the base of the head. But here, the light is quite large in diameter, so you might have to exert a little effort to keep your fingers closed around the light. I’m 6’0” and have average hands for my height. The X60 is much narrower right up until the head, so it takes almost no effort to walk around with the X60. The X60 basically “hangs” in your hand, like when you carry a hockey stick at the balance point. The HaikeLite however, requires you to actively squeeze. This might get tiring on a longer walk, but I only took it out for 5 minutes so I can’t say for sure.
  • The HaikeLite might be better balanced with the extension tube and 8 cells instead of 4. And then maybe you could hold it by the barrel only (narrower), so as not to have to exert effort. But then it’ll be a pretty heavy light. 8 cells vs. the X60’s 6 cells.
  • The HaikeLite is pocketable, in a big, sturdy jacket pocket. This is a very large plus. Not sure if it’ll still be pocketable with the 8-cell extension tube.
  • The electronic lockout works well and quickly.
  • The hotspot is significantly smaller than the X60’s hotspot. This is a big minus. It means I’d have to do more “light painting” when using it.
  • In a large bedroom, and in a very small park, the MT09R’s hotspot seemed similar in brightness to my X60’s hotspot, but as I said, the X60’s is much bigger.
  • The spill seems comparable to the X60’s, in size and brightness, but I only compared them for a second or two.
  • I didn’t go for a walk on a trail with the HaikeLite yet, so I can’t comment on the throw yet.
  • Very unscientific ceiling-bounce measurements, using an Android lux meter app: MT09R = 780 - 810; X60 = 870 - 930.

Overall I’m disappointed, but I expected to be disappointed after reading all the previous comments. The only positive about this light is that it’s pocketable. For my purposes, the X60, even the old model, beats the MT09R 35 HI in every way except pocketability. Now I have to decide whether the pocketability is worth accepting the negatives. If not, I might be selling mine. I have to say, the blue looks really great.

@peteybaby

not sure about the heating , i think its to be expected from triple xhp35HI emitters being overdriven im no expert at this but it cant come as a suprise really. I dont think the light is heavy or feels weird, in hands i feel its a balanced light eventho it is heavy i feel its just as nice hold it like my convoy l6. Sucks u didnt get the right tint on your light, again it would be good if HL marked their boxes like Emisar does with theirs, hand written what model, tint, color etc otherwise mistakes happen for a few here it seems :confused: that Supbeam does look big as hell, i agree that the HL in a big winter jacket or coat fits quite nice.

You’re right, the MT09R isn’t extraordinarily heavy or unbalanced. For example, it’s smaller, lighter, and better balanced than an XTAR D35 I used to have. But I like the SupBeam X60’s balance better. :slight_smile: The huge head prevents it from fitting into a pocket, so I made a holster for it. Not as convenient as putting it in a pocket, but I don’t carry it in the holster for long; it’s in my hand most of the time.

Thanks. That means your MT09R has an output of around 4500 lm

how do u even do a ceiling-bounce measurement with your phone and get actual lumens output from it ? I doubt his light is only 4500 ish lumens… then it wouldnt heat up so fast then so it must be alot brighter.

Sorry but no, i cant agree with your statement. The light has been sold with the promise of 7500 lumens which was later corrected to 7000 (i can live with that). And now it seems like it can only reach those 7000 lumens (specification of the light) by bypassing the springs. Were not talking about overdriving the light, above Haikelite specification. We are talking about achieving the output that has been promised. So its a modification to repair the light, to work around a flaw of the light.
Maybe an exchange of the springs with better ones would also help, i dont know. But no matter how you put it (modification or repair), the action itself is only neccessary to achieve the specified lumen output. Thats a repair for me so i cant get what i have paid for. :slight_smile:

Got my xhp35 hi 5000k today. Definetly with the faulty driver. 120k lux meassured at 4m and maybe 3000 Lumen to my naked eye. Who do I have to contact?

AND I recieved 6500k instead of 5000k

I think Haikelite have to learn how direct-drive flahslights work. Older Flashlights had regulated drivers, therefore the resistance of the springs was no big matter (If there is enough voltage to drop to the needed level). But with direct-drive flashlights you should minimize the resistance to a minimum, especialy if the flashlight otherwise does not come lose to the claims.

I dont know if the MT03 or MT07 were linear-driver or buck or boost-drivers. But with linear drivers it is similar to direct-drive drivers, but you perhaps have a bigger voltage space that can be dropped to achieve the promised lumens.

The flashlight seems much underpowered and therefore i would think its more a repair than a modification.

We have to check with further measurements if terrys light-tube is well calibrated. Possably it shows too high values and he has to correct his calibration.
But we can only say about it, if we have more measurements of arriving flashlights.
We can check calibration if we measure many other flashlights (in the same spere, box, tube, ceilling bounce) and compare them to other lumen readings.

Personally I think you can avoid the lumen calibration issue by only observing throw/cd directly. The 35 is rated at 300k cd (@ 7500 lumen), that’s your goal.
You can also estimate lumen by cd value as well, as this is proportional. But again, you don’t even need to look at the lumens. The 35 is the thrower version, so cd is dominant.

I wouldn’t call an output difference between the highest and lowest of 989 lumens huge either, but it’s almost 20% less OTF from the best to the lowest.

If I ever get my MT09R I just hope it’s in the higher end and not at the lower, I bought a flashlight with a claimed output not a DIY project I had to bring up to specs my self.

Pretty glad I didn’t do as you suggested several times since now we know that bypassing WILL void warranty.

ughh are u sure ? thats really bad if true :frowning: sorry but the mess of people getting even the wrong tints of their lights is not ok… did they rush out all lights before chinese holidays? now to fix all this it will cost them even more because shipping to china takes many weeks and there is always a risk your light might gets stolen or misplaced who knows….

Yes, I’m not new to flashlights and have many premium one to compare to.
Don’t know how the will solve these problems.

300k cd at 7500 lumens means if you measure 120k cd you have 3000 lumen (= (120/300) * 7500).
This is of course an estimate due to inaccuracy of the lux meter, and assuming that Haikelite’s specs of 300k cd at 7500 lumens is correct.

okay damn thats gotta be the lowest reading so far from the xhp35 version ive seen here, even those in germany that got the 3800lights were low but max 3000 ? thats really bad and nothing else sadly…

If you would have bought a car with a 300hp engine (7500 lumens), but i only delivers 240hp (6000 lumens), officially measured on a dyno, wouldnt you go to your dealer to get a proper one?
For me its the same here with this flashlight. Especially as there seems to be an easy fix to get ~1000 lumens more?

Thats why i said repair is maybe not the right word for it. Maybe its more a factory fault, a deficiency? Cause the product came out of the factory in a way it shouldnt. Dont you think Haikelite should stand in for their non optimal construction/material choice for the springs?

Anyone who has received goods which do not meet the seller’s specifications can easily initiate a PayPal refund. They will even cover the cost of returning the units to the vendor.

This GB was premised on being a shining example of the new generation of high quality goods, which justified the pricetag. The physical build quality seems high from virtually all accounts, but the actual performance is also consistently low, particularly for the 35s.

It is now 4 weeks since the GB ended, just prior to the holidays. We need to see what approach Haikelite will take to addressing these issues in the coming days.

And also again, this is what HL promised or wrote in the earliest days of the group buy and was a big reason why me and many actually entered the GB…

Exactly, this is it. I know everyone who bought this light can use Paypal buyers protection to get a refund. But i dont want to do this, i want this light! It looks nice, build quality is decent, form factor is my taste, beam pattern also. I just want it working as intended, thats all. :slight_smile: (Or at least close to :wink: )