Color rendering definition, does CCT play a role?

Look at my hand ....look very closely ... The hand is making you very sleepy .

just concentrate on the hand ...look at all the pretty colors.you're going deeper and deeper into the cri zone ...GET OUT !!!

The Flashlight ..,,where's your stinkin flashlight ?

I like his hand :sunglasses: It bares pretty jewels… never gets old.

Boaz,
I’ve heard his manicurist has other talents, needs help advertising, and ate all of Jon’s Skittles.
(He hid the M&Ms when his housecat went on a diet.)

Maybe if we photographed our own hands, he wouldn’t need to post his anymore.
(Go easy on yourself if the cartoon was meant to be self deprecating)

Are you French?
I’m from Ohio, along with Wilbur and Orville.
Here in Brazil everybody grows up learning Santos Dumont was the first man to learn to fly, but had to go overseas so the French could take credit.

thanks for your kind words

Re: Color rendering definition, does CCT play a role?

testing some different auto white balance effects, around 2pm on a sunny day in Paradise, indoors, outdoors in direct sun, and a couple outdoors in the shade

I would say yes, changes in white balance produces changes in perceived color
bottom right is direct sun, I prefer the bottom left, but the indoor top right is closer to the full sun

the jewels are Baltic Amber, Mexican Turquoise, and Tibetan (Italian) Coral

With regards to the missing part above (LoL!):

Kruithof Curve @ Wikipedia

Cheers

Lol…
Lots of missing parts in that post since offering the self effacing illustration yesterday.
M&Ms, Skittles, personal offenses included….

Along with the rude button, a warning about thread incongruety would come in handy.

Wow, old thread.

Maybe of interest, I just stumbled on this video the other day while watching one of his others. He’s taken three high-binned XHP50 emitters in 5000K with the three available CRI options (70, 80, 90 with Cree) and tested them with a (legit…$$:money_mouth_face: spectrometer. Not a completely perfect test but he covered all the bases he could. His goal was more about whether the CRI would affect recording/viewing on video, not so much about viewing with the eye as we do with flashlights, but it’s still a neat test and I don’t recall seeing something similar. The spectrographs are probably the most helpful.

I’ll counter Rayfish again as far as the value of higher CRI….it’s helpful and sometimes very important in many more things than skin tones. There has been a big shift in working trades toward higher quality light as soon as they started to become available in the lights/models/styles they tend to favor. Nobody has to like or want higher CRI, that’s fine, but don’t discount its value or importance…imho.

Really? C’mon man…The horse is already dead.

It seems rayfish is on a mission.

Helpful video, thanks Correllux.

Yes, CRI or spectrum accuracy matters. The resulting lemons are due to a biased measurement according to the definition of luminous efficacy. Efficacy is not efficiency, it's quite a different thing, and is often misleading.

The fact that you cannot see or perceive something at all or very well does not mean it doesn't exist or it is not doing its job. In fact, with respect to CRI or light quality our friend rayfish has related parasitic negative entities attached to his/her subtle bodies and his/her trolling is exactly caused for this reason. This, the parasitic negative entities thing, is more common than most people imagine, particularly in the current times.

Thanks to him, I’ve seen so much info on high CRI LED’s lately that I’m almost converting into a high CRI lover. I’ve already started checking SST20, 4k flashlight models to buy… :smiley:

@rayfish Please refrain from throwing around labels. If you think somebody is trolling then hit the Report button on the relevant post(s), and PM me if you think it's serious enough. And for your own posts please re-read the BLF Rules and make the necessary changes:

https://budgetlightforum.com/forum/misc/siterules

1. Please don't be rude. Rude people will have their accounts deleted.
  2. Please don't use dirty language, please don't swear, and please avoid lewd(link is external) or risqué(link is external) conversations.
  3. Please avoid controversial or divisive subjects such as religion and politics.
  4. Please avoid fighting. If you or somebody else is losing their calm, please drop the subject.
  5. Please don't even think about spamming this forum. Spammers will be prosecuted.
  6. Please don't even think about using this forum for illegal or dishonest activities. Criminals will be prosecuted.
  7. By registering an account, you agree to the BudgetLightForum.com Privacy Policy.
  8. All opinions expressed by users of this website may or may not be accurate, and as such BudgetLightForum.com does not officially endorse them. BudgetLightForum.com does not encourage risky behavior, and will not be responsible for physical, emotional, financial or other damages resulting from the use or misuse of any information or misinformation expressed herein. All users are encouraged to use good judgement before making any physical, financial or other decisions based on the information or misinformation expressed on BudgetLightForum.com.
  9. Have fun.

you accuse others of your own behavior,

what do you hope to accomplish by posting disruptive, and baseless, claims and accusations?