Color/temp reference chart?

Might as well be able to see the chart in this thread.

What now?

Edit, not you teacher, I was responding to a spam post that just got deleted.

Goodnight all.

/\ … Yep, I just nabbed a spammer myself on another thread. :+1:

Nice chart man.

I like the colder tints. I have a BLF A6 in 1A and I love it. It renders white objects white
and not some shade of yellow or orange. I am in the minority as most prefer far warmer tints.
Warm tints remind me of incans. Bad memories of weak lights that got warmer and warmer as the
battery died. I am delighted at how modern LEDs perform in comparison!

1 Thank

/\ … I hear you cistercian. :+1: 4D is about as warm as I would ever go, & that would be rare.
2A - 3D is my preferred range. :wink:

Who is the idiot that created the Kelvin temperature vs color warmth scale that is just the opposite of reality? What a confusing and non-intuitive scale.

An 8000K white-hot star is much much hotter than a 2700K red star. What a retarded system!

That must have been campers in winter, warming up at the campfire.

That’s… exactly how the color temp system works though? It’s not reversed.

We just call higher temps “cooler” because people associate blue with “cold” and red/orange with “hot”.

I had some old daylight bulbs which were running at 4500k in my security lights I think and they were a perfect light for that application. As the bulbs packed up the replacements were never as good despite similar specs. LEDs give off a weird light to me.

thank u

4500K-5000K seems to be what my eyes like best.

I have some early LED lights that are super blue, and it’s rather hilarious to compare them to modern lights. Can you still see where you’re going with them? Yes. Yes you can. I’m just becoming more of a tint snob as time goes on.

I just love the bright intense cool blue light of 6500-10000k. Anything warmer reminds me of the dull glow of incandescent. All my flashlights are cool white