colorblindFoy?

fishin - being a true friend, willing to sacrifice for his forum members.
thatjustgetsme . . . righthereFoy

Anytime, anywhere, and anything for a friend.

They both look good actually! and it keeps a bit of variety in the collection in a way :) ...but somethings missing...

foyneedsanL2X ;)

Missing more than that. I want both Xs, standard and long, the M8, both Masterpieces and the other Skyline. I've got an L2M tube coming so, just under $300 should give me the complete line.

sicksickFoy

Oh! And that lantern thing.

Inconsistent colors through ongoing production runs would most probably be caused by minor fluctuations in bath time, current, quality of the acid and minor differences in aluminum alloy compositions. If left undyed (dying is especially harder on HA, with black being the most feasible color), hard anodizing usually brings out a semi-dull greyish color, eventually shifting to olive, brown, and even bronze tints.

IIRC, Photon1k has mentioned a "natural" L2P of his which actually was more like an olive color.

The lantern thingy looks interesting. Anyone have one? Curious if it works well.

I’m pretty sure they actually make both a natural l2p and a grey- because you can ask lighthound for a grey l2p, even though they only list natural.

Surely they just call the grey natural? It would seem odd that they don't have it on their own site if it was availlable in another colour.

It works quite well but you need to carry it out of your eyeline as obviously it shoots light every where and can be quite glaring. I generally put it on a belt clip, the lantern has a mounting point on it's top.

There's another thread about them at the moment, a clone is availlable via KD for something like $7.