Compact 1x18650 Zoomies

The ThorFire TA13 is overall quite a nice flashlight for the price even if no mods involved (can even fit a 21700 inside).

I progressed my investigation with regards to improving flood angle in both the TA13 and Sofirn SF30A (related: Sofirn SF30A Modding, Review, Zoomtaschenlampe @ TLF).

In essence, up to ≈3.5mm can be trimmed off from the head underside. I have not done this personally yet (multitool out of service), but will do.

Cheers :-D

The recently announced Klarus FX10 looks like an interesting 18650 zoomy.

If you feel like buying another try a Wowtac A3S

It’s rated at 1000 lumens which I would agree with. It throws farther than my Nitecore P12 and when both are compared on a white wall the A3S in full zoom will drown out the P12. Also the A3S is about half an inch shorter in length with the head of the light extended all the way, so it’s relatively compact. Using the zoom is very smooth and somewhat air tight so you get a nice sealed feel to it. The beam at full flood is great with no noticeable artifacts and they designed the focal point so that you don’t get the square led effect like most cheap lights. I definitely recommend it.

My ThorFire TA13 finally made it to America.

2018-02-13 16:57
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 4:57 pm on February 13, 2018.

2018-02-03 10:28
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

2018-02-03 10:28
CHINA, XIAMEN EMS, Processed Through Facility

2018-02-02 17:26
CHINA, Acceptance

But why Chicago?

Why not somewhere in California?

I guess I shouldn't complain.

That's a relatively quick trip to the USA.

Okay, I got my ThorFire TA13 today.

The build quality is good.

It always starts on high.

The tint looks kinda neutral to me, which I like.

Overall, I'm very happy with it.

Is the sofirn sf30 and Thorfire ta13 the exact same light?

They look the same, but I only have the ThorFire, so I don't know for sure.