Compact 1xAA Zoomies

Well, in the email that I received that says that the item shipped, it stated that the flashlight has an output of 100 lumens.

I don't have the equipment to measure lumens, but I can compare it to other AA zoomies that I have handy.

Okay, that’s a much more realistic output for that light. Maybe someone made a typo in the description, and added a “0”.

Well, you know flashlight sellers...

Many of them lie big time.

Now I was never expecting anything close to 1000 lumens, so I'll be happy with just a decent build quality.

Alright, I have the SecurityIng flashlight in my hands.

The flashlight that I own that is most similar is the Meco, so I'll compare the two.

The SecurirtyIng flashlight is a little wider and longer, it has a much better build quality, and it's easier to change the battery.

The Meco has a clip and is a push-pull zoomie.

The SecurityIng has a lanyard and is a twisty zoomie.

In flood mode, the SecurityIng is much wider, and each flashlight is about equal in brightness.

In throw mode, the Meco is much tighter.

The SecurityIng has a neutral tint and the Meco has a cool white tint.

Overall, the SecurityIng is better in most ways, but not in throw mode.

I wonder if my niece's cat will chase the SecurityIng's light in throw mode...

That's the real test of a zoomie flashlight.

EDIT: Both of the flashlights are one-mode, which is what I wanted.

Eheh, glad you had and like it :slight_smile:
The info provided is very useful indeed!! If I can say, the twist zoom would be the thing I wouldn’t like that much!
I have a small Nebo Micro Redline OC that is a twisty and that’s the only thing I don’t like on it too!

Thanks for the information and I hope your niece likes it and can put the cats around it :smiling_imp:
And have fun with her, too :partying_face:

Yeah, twist zoom is not ideal.

The final verdict will come from my niece, Alice.

(She hasn't seen it yet.)

raccoon city do you think the led is Cree?

Thanks

I'll look at the flashlight tomorrow and try to figure that out.

Right now my niece has it.

EDIT: Here's an online photo that I cropped on the left, and a CREE XP-E2 on the right.

Sadly, I don't know my LEDs.

Maybe someone that knows their LEDs can chime in and say if it's CREE or not.

Looks like a match!

Thanks for the photos, it sure does look the same.

It's funny.

At first I hotlinked to flashlightwiki.com, then the image of the CREE XP-E2 emitter disappeared!

I guess they don't like hotlinking.

Then I had to find the image with the Wayback Machine.

I learned the hard way that hotlinking is fast and easy, but you might lose the image.