Compact triple XPG2 26650 - Updated with build tutorial

Thanks Gary. Those moments are definitely frustrating and I have far too many, especially those driver mods adding extra 7135's. It's still a mystery to me why it does not work sometimes.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear you have the same host. I picked it up for something like $8 knowing I was going to mod it. I only wish now I got several more! Good luck finding it and with the mod if you proceed.

Thanks. Good advice and encouragement.

WOW! Thanks for posting the build. It looks really sharp and well done. I love the idea of adding the extra chips that way!

Thanks. It worked except that I shorted it out and blew the whole board. It definitely has some advantage in reducing the amount of heat the board is subjected to during soldering.

thanks for the well documented mod, it was good reading :-). It has become a nice and unique flashlight.

Really nice. The tutorial is inspiring!

You are welcome. Thanks for commenting!

great light Hill, lots of painstaking workmanship went into that

Hi,

Beautiful!

You mentioned that the optic snaps into place, but what is holding the optic in place? Is it just that the (3) legs of the optic are stuck in the holes in the emitter PCB that’s holding it in place?

Thanks,
Jim

Wow…how did I miss such and excellent thread!

Awesome!