Convoy BD06: Anybody?

Thanks, raynman!

Been a long time since I visited this thread. I got a BD06 from Simon a week or so ago. I wanted to wait until I could get one with Biscotti…
I have to say it kinda blew me away. I really did not expect to like it so much. The one I received came with AR coated glass and an updated driver running Biscotti. Unlike the first clear C8 running Biscotti this BD06 driver has all the bugs worked out and is running a revised version of the firmware. The changes Toykeeper made were mostly for stability but she also swapped out the standard strobe for one I think she called a police strobe? Honestly it’s the only strobe I’ve ever seen that I think might actually be effective. Unlike the standard repeated blink this one has more rolling alternating stuttering light that really messes with your head. It’s wonderfully disturbing! :smiling_imp: I demonstrated it for my wife (not at her but at the ceiling) and she freaked out, shielded her eyes and yelled at me to turn it off! :smiley:

Simon told me a while ago that all the BD series are now running Biscotti. He may still have old stock so if you’re ordering one I’d drop him a message with the order specifying that you want the new firmware. The BD06 was a gift for my boss so now I need to get one for myself. I kept it for several days trying out the different modes and whatnot and all seems to work perfectly now. ToyKeeper + Convoy = WOW! :money_mouth_face:

Nice the UI was the weak point of the BD series

Totally agree. Simon confirmed that the entire BD series is now running the new Biscotti drivers. Of the whole BD line-up the BD02 and BD06 are my favorites. I actually thought the BD06 was a bit on the ugly side when it first came out but it grew on me and I just can’t argue with the way it performs. The BD01 would be in there too but I don’t like the beam pattern as it is. I want to see the BD01 changed to an OP reflector. I think that would give it an excellent balance of flood and throw.

I got mine today and almost at once i got a problem.

BUT ! the problem is that i dident order 2 of them, seem far too nice a light for just having it as the car light, so i might have to order one more.

And BTW i haven’t even charged or used it yet, so looking forward to nightfall.

Did yours come with Biscotti too?

I think so but have no idea, im not that much into flashlights that i know there insides and how to tell them apart.

All the BD06 coming from Simon’s Convoy store now should be shipping with Biscotti and AR glass. The AR glass is new so that’s one good indicator. If it has that purplish tint to the glass when viewed at an angle then it’s the latest version of the BD06 and will be running Biscotti.