Convoy C8+ New look for an old favorite

Led seal is sold here but you need to be careful not to plug the nozzle. You do get a spare just in case.

I’ve got three C8’s, and they’re great for dedicated throw, but awful for everything else. Okay, they can also make for a nice ceiling-bounce light.

I often carry a C8 if I’m going somewhere that I know I’ll need it, but it’s never my main light. I need something far more floody for near-to-moderate distances. The C8’s only job is for brief looks at something in the distance.

I keep my c8 on low when walking around after dark and it's ok. Even use the dollar store flashlights for that and they work too, but I really like the throw when I want it for such a small light.

Very nice host for a dedicated gunlight. I put in Osram KW CSLPM1.TG – 2mm2 and 4A driver.
Only 100% mode and remote switch.
Remote cable although is totally useless in wintertime, I have to replace it with silicone wire.
Modded 12300lux and original 6800lux @ 3m

Appears a C8+ with 21700 battery is a possibility.

I couldn’t understand the video. I’ve been waiting for Simon to come out with more 21700/26650 lights.

perhaps we will see something exciting next year who knows.

I know this is an ol topic but I didnt want to start a new thread just to ask a simple question.

Does it makes sense to bypass the springs in the new Convoy C8+ while keeping the XPLHI and 12 mode biscotti driver?

Bypass is not necessary or performance but it’s good practice to reinforce the stock soldering job with high quality solder on the spring and the switch.

Thanks Will34. Am I going to be able to do a better job than Convoy factory? :person_facepalming:

The video of Simon (I presume) soldering, he does it so fast. :sunglasses: The joints look clean of what I’ve seen.