【convoy】convoylight.com ( Credit card payment is available )

I sold like hundreds of lights to hunters, literarly all of them were single mode. I offer to put modes as buyer wants, they all say “one mode - 100%” and a few that I sold with 12 modes firmware returned for reprogramming sooner or later.

Aha. Ain’t got, so dunno. Dual-switch, I imagine, to be able to use a FC in the tail.

The L2 has a FC tail, no? Damn, I got 2 of ’em and I can’t recall…

gray S21B?
uh ,you can order the black S21A and note “gray body” in the remarks

I hear you, you are right , 12 modes is a major overkill. I think Low is very useful while hunting. but Lux-Perpetua asked for a simple config mode High~~Low and Low~~>High. Maybe a 3rd mode just 100% would be a plus ?

I think the are talking about a single emitter C8, but not a bad idea for a dual emiter with dual switch.
I think the L2 has an FC in the tail.

I think I jumped too fast to the conclusion that we are discussing both RED and Green KP CSLNM1.F1. :confounded:

Actually, having a GREEN LED is very cool, especially for tracking, often it will reveal more details because gives you more shadows than RED.
When you are in middle of greenery, 540 nm will be borderline invisible for wildlife. But something like 660nm RED is completely invisible to them.

I’ve built or directed more than a few hunters or shooters to rifle lights and they all want on/off only. Multi mode is one more variable hunters don’t want.

I like the old UI from early Fenix TK11 and some Eagletacs with a high low interface via head loosen tighten. A 2x2 mode UI can be very simple and flexible and forward switch compatible.

Really wish this would come back to “tactical” lights

Does the S21B use a pill or integrated shelf?

Shelf. I asked

Aha, that’s a new knowledge to me !
Of course, i only have flashlights with regular “white” emitter.

Same here, more than a thousand lights to hunters- 80% prefer only HI, 20% - HI-LOW, but starting HI. Same lights are also sold to police/security, they all want Hi-Low or Hi-Low-Strobe.

Thanks!

The red led isn’t that bright so only a 100% high mode would be useful.

This is a driver for the Osram red, not other models for a larger spread. It has a very tight spot which is mostly going to be used for hunting purposes, not police.

On the C8+ at 3A I get 230 lumens and 480m.

For the other Osram leds I prefer 100% only too or I use a driver that locks in the current mode just in case the rifle’s recoil cycles the brightness level.

I use the old 3/5 driver (firmware is only 3 modes) with 12*7135 chips since it requires two taps to cycle modes. The first tap disables mode memory briefly and a second tap cycles levels.

Had a hunter with a larger caliber rifle complain every time he shoots it cycles to Low by using Convoy’s 4 mode driver. This was when I first started selling the Osram model

Any updates about the L21a test with Culpm1 and 8A driver Simon?

Have you used the Osram Red?

It is such a tight focused beam that anything other then hunting or distance use is pointless.

Simon is wanting a driver that suits the Osram led, not for a red light in general. You would use an entirely different led for what you’re talking about

OK. you might have a point. I guess I got misled by the beamshots. :person_facepalming:

I see Simon posted a bunch of new 4040 gaskets

Simon, how did it go with the 8A driver together with a CULPM1.TG in a L21a and L21a-Holster?

Good news!

Interested in the results as well!

If its any good i will order the needed parts :smiley: