【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

If it’s still single mode, I think a forward clicky would be great

Patent issues with the clones was on the dropin pocket size. The solution was that Solarforce and many others increased the pocket dimensions. Now needing that additional spring around the pill. However appearance is up to the creator. Your S12 tail cap and battery tube portion would be a nice style that’s yours. Then a dropin pocket added on top. But please keep the head threads standard for all those custom heads. Personally I would buy at least 10 to upgrade run times on most of my “around the house and car P60’s”. Granted the style and function might be dated, it’s still the one loved by many. It’s the only host I use to build lights for my fellow officers in my area. Mostly 1 to 3.8 amp dropins were heat is not an issue. The flexibility of swapping dropins allows the same light to work patrol, currency verification, organic detection, etc. If a little extra attention is made to the tail cap and double o-rings on the head and body to keep that high level of water proofing, great. I prefer simple always working duty lights without electronic switches or charging ports. It’s always been a P60 from Surefire or Solarforce on my duty belt for the last 15 years. Some newer lights are brighter but none are better.

Simon, does the S12 and M21B have temperature protection?

Hello Simon. Is it planned to make thermal control user-driven?

wide beam ,i will add a photo later

only 22mm to 17mm adapter

ok ,i will a host link later ,
it has little problem this batch ,tailstand is not available

i’m sorry ,i’m not familiar with P60 ,i have a silly question ,is it 26.5mm drop-in in P60 or suitable for P60?

YES

User-defined temperature control node?

Looking forward to putting the S12 on a firefighting helmet ;p

This is actually a very important feature to many of us. Please offer some way to at least turn off the temperature protection (either via multiple clicks or via DIP switch on the driver). More advanced but even better would be something I have also suggested to Sofirn. This is actually a feature from the HaikeLite SC26 that I really like:

Please do NOT use timer-triggered stepdowns.

Please allow a user defined choice of thermal thresholds (e.g. 50°C, 60°C, 70°C)

Thermal protection setting can be accessed by 10xclicks:

The light flashes once => turn it off to select 50 degree step-down temperature

The light flashes twice => turn it off to select 60 degree step-down temperature

The light flashed 3 times => turn it off to select 70 degree step-down temperature

You could set 50°C as default to make sure that non-flashoholics and muggels will be happy and not worried about too warm flashlights. :-D

I agree! A multiple half press to access the temp hidden menu would be great. 5 degree Celcius increments would be even better. 1 to 5 flashes for 50 - 55 - 60 - 65 - 70 degrees Celcius. I would definitely buy more drivers if it had an option like this.

I’ve still gotta buy some of those 22mm 6A drivers, it just sucks finding 2010 (5025) resistors, and then getting a sample kit instead of 50 of a value I only need one of…

But a driver with what the two of you are describing sounds amazing!

For now I found a good “solution” to the problem. I stuffed silicone cubes (from Kaidomain) in the driver bay of a Convoy S3 and 17mm driver combo. It draws a lot of heat away from the driver and the temp regulation kicks in later and thus a hotter host surface temp. I’m sure this will satisfy many who’s complaining about this issue.

So that each user can adjust for himself, a comfortable temperature of thermal control. For someone it’s comfortable 45°C, for someone else 60°C. The methods can be different, for example, discrete fixed modes 45-50-55-60°C or according to the tactile sensations of the user.

I have to agree too…

I'm still struggling to find the right NTC on the Convoy M3 driver to kill the temperature control. The M3 host has so much more potential but apart from a less conservative driver stepdown it also needs some tweaks in the driver's cavity to improve thermal conductivity between the driver and the host. Those silicon cubes might be a good start but maybe Simon can have a look into it and improve the cavity design? I would also like to use some different boost drivers but they don't fit due to the special diameter.

I’m not sure about exact diameters, but “D26” is the more generic name (as in 26mm).

“P60” and “P90” came from the voltage of the hotwire bulb inside, whether 6V (2×CR123A) or 9V (3×CR123A), even though they were both the same exact physical size.

Most of them needed to be wrapped with some Al/Cu foil to fill the gap between host-body and drop-in, at least if you wanted better thermal contact.

Not a silly questions if I’m trying to persuade you to build them. The 26.5mm drop-in was specifically built to go into P60 style host. Along with the 17mm driver. Surefire came out with the P3 single cr123a, P6 double cr123a and the P9 triple cr123a all have this same 26.5mm drop-in pocket. About the time they converted to LED’s they became the P30, P60 and the P90. This denotes 3v, 6v, and 9v. Most clones went to the P60 which was also about the time the Li-ion 18650 cell came out and it all lined up as the perfect match. P60 size, LED’s and the 18650 all came together creating this light but Surefire did not convert to 18650 but stayed with 2-cr123a’s for extreme military conditions. Several years latter the P60 clones stayed the same but 20700 and 21700 batteries have been introduced. When the NCR20700A from Panasonic/Sanyo came out we went from 3500 mah/10amp 18650’s to 4200 mah/15amp over night. I hoped that some one would upgrade the host to this huge gain, but no. Now at 21700 cells we have nearly 5000 mah/10amp cells. I could work traffic accidents all night long in the worst weather and not need a battery change.

If you could be persuaded to build the host great.

Would you also consider building a 26.5mm drop-in with your Convoy 17mm driver for SST40 ,4 modes 0.1–3–30–100, 5000mA. As a separate item or packaged with the host as a option.

Thank you,
Paul