【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

@Simon if the S12 will not work for UV and you will make a C8 with LG UV how will it be different then the Fyrfly C8?

Tempted to get the S12 and 3x the higher current LG UV emitters…

Let me know if it works! lol I really want a more powerful wide beam UV light… The Jaxman is the only one I know of that is a filter wide beam UV but its lacking a little punch… it detects well its just not quite powerful enough.

Yeah I’ve got the S2+ nichia, but the hotspot is still too pronounced. Need to look into a ZWB2 filter of the same size too :wink:

Pity the higher current LG emitters are >$18 AUD each including tax :frowning:

I have the 5x7135 version of the LG S2 and it has a nice floody beam. It gets pretty warm after a few minutes of continuous use. A 3xLG UV S12 would definitely get uncomfortably warm very fast. Hopefully the new C8 UV has a driver tailored for these LEDs that can sustain ~3.5V.

Hmm. Can drop the 6A driver back to 4A, and give each emitter 1.33A at 100%…

If you really need a powerful wide beam UV light, there is always the Acebeam X80 UV. 16x Nichia 276A 365nm UV LEDs!
https://www.batteryjunction.com/acebeam-x80-uv-ultraviolet-search-light.html

See djozz’s post about this issue:

Okay, so the way I’m looking at it:

5*7135 = 1.75A, so three would be 5.25A. The driver that’s in the light runs 6A at 100%.

R050 and R015 in parallel (replacing the R010) on the driver board would end up at 5.2A. So pretty viable I’d think, but to be conservative, just the R015 to make it 4A, so less heat (distributed over three emitters).

for example ,the C8

Simon, what’s the diameter and thickness of the glass on the S12?

30.8mm diameter,2.5mm thickness

Fantastic, thanks! Going to turn it into a UV cannon at some stage :wink:

Simon, could you please tell if there are any plans for it? I mean turbo access by two clicks (from “turned off” state as well).
I want S21A with sst40 and this feature, if possible.

As far as I understand, 2 clicks from off state is only possible with e-switch. But from on, instead of strobe it is possible. More low modes in EDC light is always nice :slight_smile:

I like the design of the S12, but I still feel a little burned by the battery size issues of the S21a.

The M4U - Yeah - a nice tube style 26650 light. :slight_smile:
What driver is in it?
Can it be flashed to something more interesting? (Anduril - I fear I’m becoming a UI snob)

I’m OK with even “click+halfclick” sequence, it should be possible with any switch.
However for stress situations, second full click might be better.

I see the H1 is (back?) on the Ali store. Different knurling. I’m guessing with the updated UI that’s been talked about?

And does it has now the updated headband?

I can see in the page description that it's running Biscotti.

Also in one of the pictures you can notice the cut-out in the driver and a mechanical switch going flush with the cut-out.