Convoy L2/L6 modding thread

I used the K112V GTFC40 boost driver for my application (LED Vf~12V) but I would imagine you could use the standard 3V driver for other LEDs.

Did you use a GTFC40 in your mod? Or a different LED?

For others wanting to know, I’ve been emailing Hank, and the output for the K1 drivers are 6V/4A or 12V/2A.

I’m going for the 12V to use with an FC40.

1 Thank

I actually put a UV LED in my L6 with the K1 12V boost driver.

I wasn’t aware that the K1 had a 6V option…! That makes sense though since the XHP70.3 is on the menu. I should have ordered one…!

1 Thank

Wow UV L6 sounds nuts!

Anyone know what size the hole in the reflector is? I want to get some suitable gaskets/centering rings 10.6mm? So 11mm diameter rings?

11mm

1 Thank

Damn, L2 tube I ordered is a 2x26650 one! Anyone know where to get the 1x26650 one?

Also, @blwilli , do you remember which wires go where for the emisar driver?

Cheers

The RGB go to RGB, S to white and C to black IIRC.

Simon doesn’t make the detachable L2 tubes anymore. I buy an L2, steal the detachable tube from the L2 and put the L6 tube on the L2. There’s a build I do with the L2 that uses 2x26650 people like to buy, so having the 2S tube on that is fine.

Thanks for the pointer on the wires, I’ll give it a go.

Are both parts of the L2 tube usable as individual tubes? I’ve a 12v quad 519 and a FCGT40 so might as well get another boost driver and two single 26650 lights…?

The extra bit of L2 tube- the half towards the tail cap- isn’t directly attachable to any head so they’re not super useful. However, I’ve found that the FC30 driver can be driven using 3S batteries so I did an L6 that has 3S input.

I wish Simon had more standard threads on things…

Kind of a mess of parts swapping…!

1 Thank

Picking this back up now I’ve more time and the L2 arrived.

Seems like there’s a shortage of good 2S L2 drivers nowadays? I swear the market used to be flooded with buck drivers and now the trend seems to be 1S boost drivers!

Shorty L6 is great, proportions remind me of the equally silly Emisar D1S, which I also like.

1 Thank

I’ve been using the P2500 and P5000 from kaidomain. They’re not great but they work.

1 Thank

Thanks, I’d found the P4000 from KD, so good to have confirmation these are okay!

1 Thank