Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Are you sure? Beacause i am pretty sure you knew about the short tube about three moths ago when you added the listing to the L2/L6 mod thread :stuck_out_tongue:
We even talked about that the next batch would be cool with the tactial ring hehe

I’m happy to report that the 18650 to 26650 battery tubes from FastTech work perfectly! They are high quality, and they fit perfectly in the L6 with no rattle. Thanks to the rubber o rings. The batteries I used are Protected EVVA 18650 3500’s. ( Panny NCR18650GA’s) The batteries fit perfect in the tubes. Electrical contact was perfect too.

:person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :blush: :weary:
I repeat and emphasize my “Wow” statement though now for different reasons. At least Dale can blame the meds. All I have is that it’s been rough the last few months. I can’t believe that at least for an hour or so I forgot all about that! Time for bed… Good night my friends. Hopefully soon I’ll have something to say that I didn’t say a few months ago…Sheesh!

ah i see, thanks.

I have printed a 18650 to 26650 adapter before on Imalent DN70, it fits snugs without rattle but i need the exact dimension of the L6 inner diameter, the rubber o-ring also look like a good idea i’ll try that on my next 3D printed adapter.

!

Yes I do.

I’m using 3/4 inch PVC plumbing pipe with tape to make it fit inside.
No problem so far.

Finally got my L6, what is the typical current draw at the tail with stock setup?

This my initial ceiling bounce test (turbo)
Haikelite MT07 : 415 Lux (Samsung 18650 30Q)
Convoy L6 : 280 Lux (Samsung 18650 30Q)
Imalent DN70 : 238 Lux (Imalent 26650)
Ultrafire C8 XML2 : 62 Lux (Samsung 18650 30B 4.35v)
Nitecore EC11 : 78 Lux
Fenix UC30 : 69 Lux

all using freshly charged batteries.

Just measured current draw at the tailcap 5.4A using clamp meter is that normal for stock L6?

Can the Convoy L6 safely run 4.35v 18650 batteries?

thanks.

Normal is 4.8 to 5.4 depending on battery and what clamp meter is used.

hello

I have a L6 host to customized and i will buy from MTN store
I want a high output XPH70 i wanted to choose:
Cree XHP70 N4 3C on 16mm / 20mm DTP Copper MCPCB
or
Cree XHP70.2 P2 1D on DTP MCPCB

For the driver this one :
30mm FET+7135 Driver - 2S Momentary - Convoy L6
Electronic Switch Custom Mode Levels. Choose your own mode levels. For this option, please enter the following information in your checkout comments:

1. Number of light levels: 1-6 (plus moonlight if desired) ——> 4
  2. Approximate PWM levels of each mode: Example: (1) 5% - (2) 40% - (3) 70% - (4) - 100%
  3. Temperature sensor set level. Disabled, or any approximate range between 40C and 60C. —-> 60

Do you think that’s good for a custom L6 ?

Modes 2, 3 and 4 are very close. You won’t see much difference in brightness, just a little.

Have you considered a ramping firmware like Narsil? I really like it in my L6.

no i dunno the narsil. Where does it sell ?

About the LED should i buy 6V or 12V ??? L6 is 2S with 2X4.2=8.4V no?

Member Lexel is doing small batches of the Texas Avenger FET driver and Narsil is an option.

He’s on his 4th batch because demand was so high. If you look through the other 3 batch threads you’ll find lots of info. I really like narsil, you can choose ramping which has 150 levels that only takes 2.5 to 3 seconds to go through. You can also switch to mode levels which is like low, medium, high, etc. You can choose how many levels you want. You can turn memory on and off. It has a battery check function which blinks out the voltage and a ton of other options. I really like Narsil. Cost is about $20 to $25 in total.

The new BLF Q8 will also come with Narsil.

6 volt led for 8.4v
12 volt led for 16.8v

Here’s my L6 with Lexels driver.

Nice mods there, does the driver fits without modification and lighted switch looks really cool.
Has anyone tried a single cell boost driver on L6? i think LD-20 driver can do that.

I ordered a 30mm driver. I had to file the edges of the driver to remove the leftover material where it was connected to the sheet. Simple as that. Then it dropped in.

The only boost drivers I’ve seen where to run an xhp35 at 12 volts to make a thrower.

I’ve also seen people use a pair of 26350 cells to make a shorty L6.

I don’t think I’ve seen any 6v boost drivers simply because they can’t produce much power.

Surely someone has done it, though. Maybe they will chime in.

Yeah too bad a single boost driver on the L6 would be awesome.

I don’t see the appeal. I prefer the stock length L6 as it easily slips in my back pocket. A shorty version would not fit. I’m not sure how you’d carry it. Maybe a holster?

ah yeah that is true, the light will be out of balance. I found that the normal hand position near the switch is just about right where the COG is. But still i like the smaller one to have alongside the bigger L6.

Decided to get this beast finally, I’m planning to order it from gearbest (Black color with NW N2 3A 5000k)

Can the L6 also be ordered overdriven? The reason I ask is because I saw this post in an old thread about L6 batteries and wondered what it meant, I haven’t seen any option for an overdriven version:

Would there be any advantage to order it from Convoy AE shop instead? ($4.00 more than gearbest)

Also can someone tell me the thickness of the integral emitter shelf?
And what size is the stock MCPCB ?
Edit; I found the host at mtn, looks like 20mm for mcpcb. Still curious about the shelf thickness though.

What happens when you power cycle the charger while the cell is fully charged?

You can order it over driven if you know who to order from. If you dont know, then you’ll have to do it yourself. The reference you saw was, I think, about a small flashlight shop in Europe that does custom work.

About the emitter shelf, there is a cutaway diagram in the first post of this thread that shows its about 6mm thick.

Mcpcb is 20mm.

You can buy through whoever you want. Locally there is MTN Electronics and Adventure Sport Flashlights. If you where ordering overseas, I’d support Simon and buy from his store. You can also ask him to include some clear switch covers if you want to add a lighted switch or something. :wink: