Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

It might klrman, lot of variables in those protected circuits. Typically the spring fails so fast that contact is broken first. I really don’t know how the protected cells would be affected as I virtually never use protected cells.

I see. I'm pretty sure then if the springs failed there would be an odd burnt smell then which did not happen on mine, so a good sign at least.

The springs don’t make the burnt smell, they’d discolor and be too short to make contact. The burnt smell comes from the components on the driver, so if you’re not smelling the magic smoke then chances are the driver is still ok. Do the springs look discolored or shortened? Sometimes they darken but usually it’s a rainbow coloration and you can see that they’re collapsed in on themselves making them short.

I’m pretty sure his 10 amp protection circuit in the batteries kicked in very quickly.

OK thanks!!

Had a look at the springs now just in case, and they look the same as when I soldered them onto the driver two days ago. You know, having the plastic centering ring missing from the factory, this could be one argument in favor of using protected cells as you never know. What I learned is to pull all the heads on my flashlights and see how they were assembled and I found out before that another L6 of mine has the bypass spring disconnected on the driver spring, so that is two of them. Only one had the reflector centering ring missing though.

geia sas from Kefalonia Island in West Greece,

I just finish the moding of my new clear L6, with thicker bypasses, resistor mode in stock driver (+R100), blue leds on side switch, XHP 70.2 and a little modified smooth reflector…
It becames a very powerful and real world useful light and off course a its beauty beast…

All my thanks to JasonWW and the others…

wow thats a damn nice looking light. Im suprised Simon doesnt sell em like that the lit button is so cool!

I heard he plans to.

Personally, I think Simon should reprogram the driver to allow the side switch to turn the light on and off similar to how the S70 and Kaidomain driver does.

Should he use two leds to indicate battery power like the S70 does? Maybe. That would be pretty neat.

All I know is using the rear switch to turn it on and off is a pain. Lol

with the day of the defender of the fatherland, for those who know

If anyone was looking for a good battery charger for a pair of 26650 cells, the Xtar SV2 Rocket is on sale at illumn for $19. It can charge two cells at 2 amps each. Perfect for the L6.

That’s really a great buy on a great charger, I was using this one as my primary till I got a 4 bay 3A charger, still use the Rocket as my first go-to secondary for sure and may just grab up another while I can get it cheap, thanks Jason!

I remember posting that they were on sale about 6 months ago in the original group buy thread for the GT. The sale didn’t last long and they were disappointed. I ran across the new sale yesterday and I was going to go back and look for that post and let those people know, but that thread is locked so I can’t really do that. I had to tell someone, so why not here? Lol

Good logic, the L6 and L2 are popular lights and use the bigger cells that can really benefit from a charger like this. Nice heads up, hope everyone’s paying attention. :wink:

do the threads on the grip/cigar ring serve any purpose?

To hold it in place.

do you mean on the o ring? it doesn’t thread onto the battery tube

No. I mean you have fallen in to every first L6 owner’s trap. :smiley:
You can untwist the smooth ring under the O-ring ant that is just a placeholder for tactical ring :wink:
Remove the O-ring first if you don’t want to cut it with the threaded rings.

hmm, maybe the hulk screwed this thing together, nothing seems to move :person_facepalming: