CONVOY M3 DRIVER PROBLEM

Hold on, I might have to confirm that but not really wanting to remove it again

ok will wait for confirmation from other users that removed it, thanks

Ok i did remove “ntc” like described and now I can turn on turbo till bat drops to 3.7V (no problems on other modes not turning on below 3.7V). But even without this ntc turbo operating on room temp flashes after 2min until it cools down then it can go up 2min again. So for me removing ntc just replaced stepdown (on all modes) with flashes. Using shockli 26650 20/30A. Going to try extend turbo time with thermal pads next. In short for me there was no need to remove the ntc. Mine doesnt come with wire spring bypass on driver side, could that improve longer turbo too?

Convoy now uses high current springs so a bypass isn’t required. The tail spring is still the old one but will change once old stock is gone.

I didn’t have that problem, mine ran non stop until 3.7v was reached and then it started flashing.

23C was room temp, will try it tonight at 16C,I did notice turbo is more consisten now then before where after stepdown I would go back to turbo it would only last 2/5sec but the flashlight was cold and now without ntc I dont have that problem and turbo last until it gets realy hot or under 3.7V. Anyway love this light at 3000k great floder nice tint and working hours on other modes.

Are you certain you removed the correct component?

The ntc is what senses the temp, without it, it could heat to 90°C and beyond without a stepdown. Using it at 23 or 16°C should make no difference.

The battery you’re using is more than enough but how old is it?. Over time the capacity and current lowers, the resistance rises which causes high voltage drop under load, once turbo steps down or you switch the flashlight off, the voltage will increase above the 3.7V and allow another short burst of turbo.

This may not be the case but have you tried another battery? It’s strange that heat causes a stepdown, that shouldn’t be happening.

I fire turbo 2min until flashes and checked bat is at 4.1V aprox, and second turbo doesnt go more then 30sec before it cools down.

The shockli battery is brand new first charge (ordered shockli from mtnelectronics.com).
I removed same component for sure like in tutorial.
It can only be the bat maybe old storage then.
Iam waiting on two more vapecell 26650 59000mah so will try with them too and will try thermal pads for better heat regulation.