Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Yes, thanks for the magnet verification.

Big thanks for clarification !!!

THIS :+1:

Received mine today from Banggood (warm white U4-7A !):

GREAT color, huge thanks to the whole team who made this happen !
Great throw, hotspot is only about twice as large as the BLF X6.
I really like the metal switch.

I changed the driver already to the BLF X6 driver A17DD-L FET +1 with Bistro UI. :slight_smile: Works great - and is a lot better than the standard 3/5 driver. :slight_smile:

Friends, if i want to upgrade driver from Simon in future in another S2 - i need to install it in the head or in the tail?

In the head, facing the + pole of the battery. The two wires are soldered on the LED star.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and quite excited about being bitten by the LED Flashlight bug and joining this forum. I always thought there was nothing to a flashlight until I found this and the other forums. I am completely new and had made a few purchases on AliExpress without actually knowing what I was buying. I have been lucky so far, anyway I have now decided to up the ante and collection and have decided to get a Convoy S2+ tan with the Biscotti firmware. Would really appreciate some help in choosing the led specs. I believe 7135x6 is the way to go, but am confused about the tint, have chosen U6-3a but am not sure if this is the right one. All help would be highly appreciated. I generally use flashlights in the house, am retired now and need toys to keep excited and wait for the mailman.

Woww . It’s great ! I want to buy it . Everyone know where is buy it ?

Welcome to the budget-ruining madhouse, bro! :smiley: I don’t know about the tint, but 7135x6 is a good config for a tube light you’re going to use mostly indoors - not too hot, but still respectably bright, and runtimes are beefier.

Now, on another topic: unless someone has ninja’d me, maybe we’ll find out how nice the S2 looks in desert tan, because I asked for a host in this color from Simon yesterday :laughing:

I’d go for 7135*8 since you can always use medium mode, and/or configure the driver to a mode group with no high (up to 50% output). As for tint, I’m fond of the 5000k range (like the 3A), I like it better than the 6500k cooler whites, despite the slightly lower light output

Thanks for your suggestion. Have placed an order for 7135x8

Nice. Hope you like it like I like my 7135x8 M1.

Jack Kellar, thanks for explanation about driver installation !!!

All my Convoy S series are with 4X7135. Eventually next one will be 6X.
To use 8x7135 are dangerous. If you turn on Convoy S2+ on max mode and left it unattended temperature can reach extremely high level.

Good thing there are those mode groups that have 50% as max, eh?

Really, it’s a matter of not being stoopit, as Lightbringer sometimes says :wink:

Tangra, I have 2 S2+, one with 6*7135 (XML2 U2-1A) and another with 8*7135 (XML2 T6-4C)! I don’t have any with 4*7135 chips.
What I can tell you, from “hand-feeling” experience (not technical measurings) is that they both get hot almost at the same level when on Highest mode!
Maybe the one with 8 chips gets hotter faster, but then the temperature on both is quite equivalent!
So, I don’t know if it makes a real big difference buying a 6 or 8 chips version, in what concerns to temperature, if you leave them ON for a long time.

If using the “biscotti” driver, one can configure the light to the mode when the highest output reaches only 50% of the possible luminosity, instead of 100, as Jack Kellar said. But, when using it with 50 there’s a big difference in output, comparing to one of the settings with 100% maximum.

Also, in terms of luminosity, perceived by human eye, the difference is minimum.
BUT, with 8 chips there is a bit more light (comparing 6*7135 and 8*7135 versions with the same tint, I mean)!
I recently installed 2 biscotti drivers on 2 lights, both with 8 chips, and with a XML2 U2-1A LED, so I could compare those with my S2+. Hand and eye feeling, not measure, of course!

As a user, what I could tell you is that if you want the light ON for longer periods, try the 6 chips (as you already have those with 4 chips).
If you need more luminosity for short periods of time, then take the 8 chips driver.

Well,
One year ago I did a test.
I left C8, XML-2 on high for 30 minutes on room temperature. After 20 minutes it was so hot, that you can not hold more than 3 seconds. After 30 minutes I stopped the test because it become risky.
So, I will never order S series with 8x7135. If you compare 8 to 6 x7135, 8 consumpt 33% more energy, but our eye can detect around 15% more illumination.
Also with 8x7135 there is no brightness stabilization on high mode - lumens go down together with battery voltage.
Yes, if there is 1 to 3 minutes step down timer it is justified to put 8x7135.
Somebody mention that flashlight has 50% mode. Yes, but with PWM. OK, in new driver frequency is high, but with old one it is not.
Anyway, this is my point of view.

Don’t know about Xp-L, but with Xm-L2 on the Nanjg 7135*6 driver it would still get too hot to touch after a while running on max (2.1 amps), and with Nichia 219C it never gets too hot to touch with the 7135*8 biscotti driver on 100% (2.8 amps) even after leaving it on for a much longer period.

To my experience, the 2.8 amps of the 7135*8 is nice to have outdoors for hiking, and the medium (35% on the mode I have selected) is more than enough for indoor use and ceiling bounce.

I putted ligted tailcap in my friend’s sand S2+. Warm white, almost yellow. I think it is great match with the body color. :laughing: