COOL!Smallest EDC collection from Banggood,as tall as a 18650 battery.Highly recommend!

Well, it arrived this morning, reasonably quickly and very well wrapped. That’s all the good news. It doesn’t work. Threads are filthy, with rust like corrosion inside the tube. There are even a few “rust” spots breaking through at the tail on the outside.

So, even if it did work with a CR123, it’s not in any condition to give away. Cheap, yes, but I’m unimpressed.

I’ll try cleaning it up, probably.

Edit>> I contacted Will, and Banggood have resolved the problem. Good communication, and I’d use them again.

That wasn’t good! I hope there’s some variation so mine will be fine…
Got 4 sk68 yesterday that i ordered from banggood a day before this one, so maybe i’ll have mine on Monday then.

So are you agree-ing?

I actually got mine yesterday! And i think it’s a cool flashlight!
I might do a review of it later on.
Some quick thoughts about it:
It’s small, has a smooth alu-reflector, and a bit warmer tint than several other flashlights that i have (trustfire 3t6, swm r20a, uf hd2011, xeno e03 xm-l u2 1B, small sun zy-t13…)
On my freshly charged blue cheap ultrafire 16340 batteries it pulls around 1A.
It has a boost driver! I tried a new gp recyko+ ni-mh and it pulled 0,8A when the battery was 1,31 V, and 1,58 A when it came straight from the charger and was 1,41 V.

The beam looks like a 3t6 on low! Similar brightness and hotspot.

When i got mine, the battery tube had a couple of dents in the opening that made it impossible to insert the battery. After some bending with pliers i was able to insert the battery. The threads are ok, it’s a budget light after all.
The pill is threaded and i guess you could change the driver if you wanted to, haven’t measured the driver diameter yet though.
Plastic lens, and no o-ring there, only on the body and I’m not sure how effective that o-ring is.
No rust on mine, some marks on the inside but nothing that bothers me.

So I’m happy with mine, and would recommend it if you want something small and bright.

Absolutely. I´ve seen this light on many shops and I ALWAYS think “wtf, what´s that thing doing there?!”.
If it had a flat side and NOT that keychain box, this light would have been in my collection for a while now.

wanted to order another one, but you can only use the coupon once per customer… too bad since i was just going to order another one!

Got mine today.

First impressions:

- As small as I thought it to be

- NW tint (I won again in tint roulette!)

- Not branded as "Smiling Shark", but "Sky Eye"

- 107 lumens with CR123A, 163 lumens with IMR 16340

- Doesn't tailstand

- Pretty clean beam, no bad rings

- Threaded part of battery tube is slightly crushed (+ has marks made by pliers!) -> threads still work, but 16340 barely fits :(

-> needs to be straightened (is inside the head - not visible in use)

Pretty ok for a $8.88 light after all.

Hello,
Sorry for my ignorance, but is there a CR123 sized GP RECYKO + Ni-MH rechargeable battery? Or you just tried a regular AA?
Also, somewhere else it says it wont fit a protected Li-Ion. Is that true?

Really nice price after coupon. But I would still have to buy batteries that size, currently only have 14500’s and 18650’s (and I really do not want to end up with lots of different batteries for different flashlights. It was a major step to go over AA’s and AAA’s… =)

Thanks!

I tried an aa-sized battery.
I don’t think my 16340 is protected, but i have some protected trustfire flames on their way from fasttech.

About the same observations as the. Now, I have about 3+ EDC, this one is definitely warm. Does seem to be quite a throwers, for a little guy. Not bad, for the sale price.

Hi,

I bought one of these this weekend, and I got an email with a link for tracking at “Flytexpress”. That also has what appears to be a tracking # that should work on USPS.com, like “RB….CN”, but that latter # is not working on USPS.com yet.

So, I’m wondering, for those of you on the east coast U.S., how long did it take to get to you?

Thanks,
Jim

Tracking # working on USPS.com now. Coming from Shenzhen, China.

Some of you seemed like you got it really fast. Can you say where (geographic) you’re located?

Also, I recently bought a light off of Ebay, that turned out to be from Banggood, based on the Paypal recipient. Is there a way to see what products they have for sale from the U.S. warehouse, similar to Tmart.com?

I just received one of the “Smiling Shark Cree Q5 200Lm” lights from Banggood.com. I had been kind of anticipating it for awhile (took about 18 days elapsed), but I am very disappointed in the light, and also with Banggood.com.

When I opened the light to put a 16340 battery into it, I noticed that the tube was bent in two areas near the threads:

Because it was bent like that (basically “squashed”) I couldn’t get the battery into it (I probably wouldn’t want to anyway, as it’d probably get stuck).

The strange part about this is, if youlook at this picture:

only one of the halves of the tube (the back end) is bent/crushed. In other words, it’s not like the light got crushed during shipping, but must’ve been bent/crushed while the 2 pieces were apart, i.e., during manufacture.

I’m very disappointed in this, especially after having waited over 2 weeks for it. Plus, the light itself is very flimsy. This reminds me of a light that I got off of BIC awhile ago, a “Police 3W”… almost toy-like.

I’ve posted a message on Banggood.com’s website, so we’ll see what happens.

Later,
Jim

Sorry to hear that! The damage is exactly same than in my sample. I think we are getting factory seconds (or something similar). :(

However, you can quite easily bend the sides back to round shape and enjoy the light.. That's what I did (as mentioned in my earlier post in this thread).

Hi the,

I probably will do that at some point, but I wanted to see what they’d say. Did you communicate with them at all about your problem? As I said, it’s kind of weird that only one half was bent, which, as you said, points to the damage occurring at manufacture.

I didn't bother wasting my time for this small defect. It's hidden inside the head when assembled, anyways..

To me, “it’s the principle”…. They came on to BLF and advertised this offering (in this thread no less), so I think that they should stand by their product and their company’s reputation of offering good products and services. Sorry, I don’t mean to lecture, even though I’m a newbie here :(…

You are absolutely right. Maybe I should, especially now when we know that others might be suffering of the same defect..

Ps. You call yourself a newbie with over 1000 posts? ;)

It really hasn’t been that long though :)… And there are a great bunch of people here.

“Newbie” in the sense that I have yet to tackle a “big” mod… just “baby steps”… ala “newbie”…

Edit: BTW, has anyone tried this in the dark? How is the throw? It’s still light here, so I can’t tell, but the white wall beam seems to look like it has a pretty focused hot spot, with just a little spill, so I’m wondering if this out-throws what it looks like?