Copper Pill for SRK and Securityling

OD is 1.769"

That may be with some of these, but 18sixfifty came up with the idea and he has several of them. There must be more. The Securityling that my sister gave me yesterday has a gap between the bottom of the factory pill and the shoulder at the bottom of the threads. I put the wire in the gap to make it easier to see.

Thanks

I’m looking at 1.716” (43.59mm) on the stock 2.5mm thick threaded shelf in my SRK.

Great work. That is just beautiful workmanship!

I think what they are asking is can you screw that pill all the way down and still have room to fit sinkpads on top of that and still be able to screw down the lens once the reflector is in place. I think it will be fine for most of them, although you may not be able to screw the bezel down all the way. Which I’m fine with actually, but others might not be.

Installed in Securityling head. The HS is seated on the shoulder.

The bottom of the HS just less than half of the switch hole, which is what I intended to do.

Bezel screws down fine. Just a wee gap. If this were not to your liking, 2 minutes with some 600 grit would remove plenty to close it up.

I must mention that the Securityling is identical in dimensions to the SRK head that 18sixfifty sent me. Even the crappy aluminum button measures the same.

Sinkpads would raise the bezel a bit. I could leave the threaded area a bit thinner in that case, but I would rather leave it a bit thick so each person can sand and lap theirs to what they think is the perfect height. Remember, this HS needs to get the heat into the head so the more area that is touching the head the better. That's why I want the most threaded area possible and for the HS to be screwed down onto the shoulder as well.

That looks perfect to me. Thanks for the pics. I’m going to see just how hard I can really push a SRK when this gets back. I’m going to do a 4x with it, so no need to drill out extra holes for wires. The one in the middle is fine. I’ll wire up through the middle hole and leave the screw out. Maybe make the center hole just a tad bigger so I can fit eight heavy gauge wires through it.

In that case, I recommend sending the whole head assembly to me. I'll make it to fit. I could make one to your dimensions. But I couldn't guarantee that it would fit properly. When I put the FS thread up I will be putting dimensions on it for everyone to compare against their lights so that no one buys something they can't use. I really, really don't want anyone having fitment problems.

Sweet machine work. Kind of bummed because it takes some of the novelty from my current mod. I removed my threads, ground the shelf down lower and then pressed in a 1/4" aluminum plate. On top of that, 2 sheets of reflowed .035" copper than then Notigon's. Also copper lining on all surfaces up to the bezel. Got rid of a lot of dead air space and increased weight of the light nicely. Nothing compared to your aluminum (soon to be copper) pill though.

Love seeing your work no the less. First class all the way.

how much would you think an aluminum srk pill would cost?

The original MCPCB is .047" (1.2mm). Sinkpad spec is 1.60mm or 1.65mm (.063"-.065") depending on where you look. My Securityling had a larger gap than .018". In fact, I added .075 to the threaded portion and it worked out well. In the interest of fitment for all, I may take a little bit off of that. I'm a little disheartened that there are differences even between the same brand of lights.

$15.00

Pressing the pieces in is better for heat transfer to the head than threads. It's just not feasible for most people. I'm sure your build will be pretty damn sweet. I hope you do a thread with lots of pics!

Put me down for at least 2 aluminum ones.