Copper S2+ limited edition

I really love the new smooth design! Gotta have one, not crazy about the name change on them or at least on the textured one.

Does anyone know for sure if these are coated or not?

My copper Convoy S2+ from the second production run that was said to be coated began to darken and show brown spots only after a few months of light use. So the coating might not be that resistant.

I just want a 18350 tube, since mines been modded to a triple.

Oh yes you are right Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

But what is this name LITNIT ? Its a new brand name for luxurious lights?

I almost didn’t buy this. I don’t have a huge interest in Copper lights.
But, I think I want to have one, for the sake of having one. And what better than a Convoy S2+ to be my token copper light?
Also, did anyone notice it says SST40 4000K as an option?
Not a fan of the different name, but even less of a fan of the smooth tube. Oh well. ~30 left of each version (and ~20 18350 tubes) when I ordered.

I have received 2 of the first batch…hard pressed to justify a third.
Edc at work, finish holding up pretty good after a year plus

I guess the name has to be understood as: light up the night.

It is not the first time the name of a brand has popped up or changed in a way we all think; huh?
Sunwayled > Sunwayman. Supbeam > Acebeam. LuckSun > WildTrail. Maybe an ownership thing.
We will get used to it. Remember: beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

“Convoy” is sort of an odd name as well, but it didn’t sound too “foreign” or “bad translation” like say… “Uranusfire”.

In the US we have brands like Coast, Pelican, etc that don’t have some variation of “light”, “fire”, “bright”, etc in the name as many of the Asian companies do, and “Convoy” could’ve been comfortable right next to one of these on the shelf (though I’ve preferred my Convoy lights to those other brands by a wide margin).

“LITNIT” looks a little goofy to me, but as long as it is a Simon Mao light, I’m happy. The quality follows him, not the Convoy name.

So is it pronounced “lit nit?” Or “light night?” Or…? :question:

I guess the name has to be understood as: light up the night
[/quote]

Yeap

Convoy > LITNIT

Hmmm …. something to ponder.

I’d bet the 2 styles can be lego’d.
Smooth head & tail with knurled tube and vice versa.

Smooth version would look great with boiled egg patina.

LOOT NOOT?

Getting ready to order…

I need some HELP with options. I am not familiar with all the different choices.

I like 4000 - 5000K.
The higher the CRI the better.
I do not like greenish or blueish (6500?) tint.
I want this as bright as possible.
I like throw but still want fair flood.
This light does not have to be efficient. I have plenty of batteries.
I have ordered copper pill. I have never tried to change one but I can solder so…
OP or smooth?

Optional LED:
XML2 U2-1A / T6-3B / T6-4C /T5-5B /T4-7A

XPL HI V2-1A / U6-3A / U6-4C / U4-7A

NICHIA 219C 5700K / 4000K

SST20 6500K / 5000K / 4000K / 3000K

SST40 6500K / 4000K

Optional driver: 7135*3 / 7135*4 / 7135*6 / 7135*8 3/5modes or biscotti firmware

special driver for SST40

Optional reflector : smooth / orange peel

Xpl hi. 5000k xml t6 3b is nice too.
7135x8
Biscotti is very flexiblr

It’s all subjective
I like that one mostly, but I don’t stare at white Walls discerning every little artifact…
Works good enuf for me

Litnit is a company trademark of Dongguan Kangwoyi Electronic Co. Not sure what it has to do with Simon. Maybe this is Simon’s real company name.

Yeap... a lot of my stuff, electronics and parts came with that name on it ( Dongguan)

Is that pronounced like Don Juan

Thanks for the input.
I’m not a stare at walls type either. I use my lights mostly outdoors. I do like to see things in natural color. I have a couple of hi CRI lights and use them almost exclusively.

I see people liking the SST 20/40. What are the good and bad of these?